Who You'll Work With
The workplace of the future will be powered by AI and the MindMeld team is making that a reality. Our small team of machine learning and natural language processing experts was recently acquired by Cisco to power conversational interfaces for their Collaboration portfolio. Our first step will be to bring voice AI to meeting rooms.
You'll join a small, high-caliber team of machine learning and natural language processing experts that are passionate about the future brought by AI. We move fast, take ownership and deliver results that matter. We're not just aiming to build a conversational AI; we strive to build the best conversational AI application the world has ever seen.What You'll Do
We're looking for our second DevOps hire. This person will monitor and operate a fast-growing production footprint of MindMeld's Conversational AI platform.
Who You Are
- Monitor and operate a fast-growing production footprint of MindMeld's Conversational AI platform
- Respond to production issues, perform root cause analysis and fix the underlying issue
- Reinforce DevOps culture across Engineering at MindMeld through code reviews, post-mortems, mentoring and Tech Talks
- Build and maintain our awesome suite of automated deployment, monitoring and other internal tools
- Be actively involved in the development process: provide architectural guidance, plan deployments, monitor SLA of backend systems and help feature teams resolve performance bottlenecks
- Be part of our 24x7 on-call rotation, along with the rest of the engineering team
You have a passion for and deep experience in artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing. You thrive in an agile development process. You look forward to joining a high caliber team of experts. You're not just looking for a job, you're looking for an innovative product where you can make a large impact. You're self-driven and set high expectations for yourself. You take ownership and sweat the small stuff. You thrive on constructive feedback. You insist that facts drive decisions. You deliver results that matter.
- Our Minimum Requirements Are
- BS or MS in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, etc) or relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Troubleshooting skills that go beyond the application stack: processes, disks, machines, and networks
- Experience working in a fully cloud-based environment. Experience with AWS is a plus
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Reasonable programming chops in a modern language like Python
- Experience with modern configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Good understanding of service-oriented architecture and associated components: services, databases, caches, queues, proxies, load balancers and more
- Aptitude for developing amazing internal tools for deployment, monitoring, configuration and the like
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.