201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Capital One's Medici engineering team is actively seeking talented automaters/magicians to help us develop and manage the tools and infrastructure powering our flagship mobile/digital customer products.
As a member of our Medici engineering team you will be responsible for the design, management and CONSTANT evolution of our cloud hosting platforms, CI/CD stack, and custom toolsets designed with the goal of making, deploying and scaling complex applications. Successful candidates will be proficient at: enterprise Linux, CI/CD tooling, automating cloud based applications (infrastructure as code, container concepts, autoscaling), and working alongside other feature teams/developers.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's public cloud hosted infrastructure (OS+Network+Security+Monitoring).
- Working closely with orchestration/API, client development teams and architecture to design and build new back end applications.
- Develop app management tools and monitors.
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (Python, Java, node.js).
- Support Capital One shared production environments (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs.. Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- 4 years of overall IT experience or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 2 years of experience working with code repositories and build tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 3 years of overall IT experience in an enterprise cloud environment
- 1 or more years of experience with Hadoop Administration
- 1 or more year of experience with shell scripting
- At least 1 year experience with Ansible, Puppet , Chef, OpenStack, or Teraform
- 1+ years experience with MySQL, Postgress, Mongo DB, or ElasticSearch
- 2+ years experience with GIT/GitHub, Jenkins/Hudson, or Nexus
- At least 1 year of experience building automated cloud infrastructure
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.