PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
PwC established New Ventures to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market.
New Ventures identifies, develops, and commercializes technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other IP-based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within the Firm, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue.
Our product build team helps each venture team to define new customer experiences around emerging technology or new applications of existing technology.
Our human-centered approach to design enables venture teams to deliver personal and contextual experiences powered by technology and analytics, and driving the total experience by engaging the customer, product, partner, and employee experiences.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: in Computer Science or a related field.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding the technical intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools;
- Leveraging complex technical management coordination with multiple vendors and staff;
- Using toolsets with deployment to Cloud services and using/operationalizing of containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes);
Leveraging a passion for rapid iteration and translating those into toolsets and methods that are scalable across products;
- Proven specialization with tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Github, GitLab, and related technologies which empower teams and accelerate delivery of viable products and ongoing updates/enhancements (CI/CD, etc.); and,
- Programming web applications, content management systems, API, databases, and system design.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success managing the identification and addressing of customer needs in the following areas:
- Developing or coding and engineering experience which establishes deep understanding and credibility with development teams;
- Leading and managing the selection, development, and implementation of standard stacks and technologies that support and enforce DevOps practices and culture across Product Development teams;
- Implementing technologies that enhance the delivery, pace, and accuracy of product development, onshore, offshore and with partner organizations;
- Implementing and owning toolsets and technologies ranging from code management, promotion, testing, collaboration/co-development, monitoring, performance management, and other components that dramatically enhance the productivity of a wide range of development organizations;
- Designing and implementing development and operational workplace standards in conjunction with engineering and operational teams;
- Identifying technical and process improvement opportunities and socializing/advocating to get them implemented;
- Working closely with product teams in release planning, preparation, validation, post release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring;
- Maintaining accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports;
- Providing process improvement recommendations based on industry leading practices and industry standards;
- Resolving conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies; and,
- Developing standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.