The shift toward the consumption of IT as a service, i.e., the cloud, is one of the most important changes to happen to our industry in decades. At IBM, we are driven to shift our technology to an as-a-service model and to help our clients transform themselves to take full advantage of the cloud. With industry leadership in analytics, security, commerce, and cognitive computing and with unmatched hardware and software design and industrial research capabilities, no other company is as well positioned to address the full opportunity of cloud computing.
We are looking for a DevOps Manager
to join our Cloud team, who innovates & shares our passion for winning in the cloud marketplace. The Cloud Innovation Lab
is a team dedicated to ensuring that the IBM Cloud is at the forefront of cloud technology, from data center design to network architecture to storage and compute clusters to flexible infrastructure services. We are building IBM's next generation cloud platform to deliver performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership efficiency, resiliency and security. It is an exciting time, and as a team we are driven by this incredible opportunity to thrill our clients.
As the DevOps Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Overall architecture of CI/CD pipeline
- Coaching developers on socializing the gates (certain % of passing unit tests for compliance)
- Local Management of direct reports
- 5 + years leading a team of experienced DevOps developers through a project that released
- 5 + years' experience with Agile development and DevOps processes
- Previous experience managing large, complex projects with high visibility and cross-functional teams
- Extensive hands-on experience with different programming languages (Python, C, C++, Java, Go, Open Source components)
- Experience working with Software test automation and tooling
- Experience designing and building dynamic cloud-native applications
- Knowledge of tools such as GitHub, GoCD, Ansible, Docker, Cobbler, Kubernetes
- Experience programming with Go
- Knowledge of automated test frameworks and test harnesses for deploying test suites at various stages of the deployment life cycle
- Experience with virtual Networking (TCPIP,Virtual Machines, etc) and Cloud Operations or Cloud Operating Systems (Open Stack, AWS, Google, MS)
- Knowledge of REST API and Swagger specifications
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.