Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. *Job Description
Do you have a passion for DevOps, Continuous Delivery leading real software engineering at velocity? Interested in being an integral part of making DevOps and Continuous Delivery the agile that gets things done for organizations of all sizes? Can you be the navigator in CD/XP teams? Would you like to see the results of your hard work improve large scale deployments of massive portfolios for the largest industry leaders?
When you think of leaders, what do you think of? Are they working in corner office? Not here. Our leaders get out of the building and discover with our customer, what works in creating digital value at velocity. As a leader, you'll be one of our most experienced people, with significant responsibility for how we help customers manage and continuously deliver valuable software. To get things done, we don't do heavy management or big company politics. But we do help our customers overcome these same obstacles. We are collaborators. You'll sit around the same table as developers, architects, ops, testers and analysts, and business coming up with Continuous Delivery awesomeness that produces quality software at velocity. You'll help manage and clear out barriers for the team to find ways to translate concepts and ideas into strategic DevOps/CD solutions in pragmatic step that foster innovation and maximize customer value for long term growth. You won't be given a one size fits all, traditional big consultancy methodology and be asked to adhere to it. Nope. Instead, you'll be asked to leverage cutting edge Continuous Delivery to lead self-organizing teams and deliver quality software continuously and at velocity. Other cool stuff...
- Be the DevOps/CD master for your team and customers
- Take the needs and challenges of our customers and partners and formulate the CD road map and project plans to support "business as code" strategies and goals
- Execute EMC account and Lean-DevOps strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful DevOps/CD value propositions for the customers
- Navigate XP teams through their journey to building CD pipeline to ensure continuous delivery of exceptionally valuable digital solutions...continuously, did we say that already?
- Lead customers project managers and Scrum Masters to Kanban
- Ensure the experience of engaging EMC for delivery exceeds client expectations
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the customer and your teams
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the customer and partner executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the customer's business stakeholders.
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing customer and partner relationships to yield continuing opportunities for EMC
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them for the wider good of others
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships with customer/team staff; remedying dysfunction to maintain healthy and productive EMC teams at the customer
- Create and support Lean-DevOps sales activities
Dell/EMC is hiring DevOps Process Lead to lead, coach teams in building Continuous Delivery based software release pipelines. In this role, you will lead teams by example and create self-service, fully automated build infrastructure that reduces friction in the development process, and improves the quality of customer application portfolios. You will ensure applications of quality software can be continuously released, while improving the scalability, reliability, application quality and performance of the Continuous Delivery/DevOps build systems. Additionally, you will develop and implement software delivery standards, policies, and procedures, collaborate with other teams to prioritize software configuration needs and maintain deadlines for software releases. As a DevOps Process Lead, you are skilled at coaching teams and leading by example to better analyze and resolve software configuration and installation issues to maintain product integrity and overall rollout of software. Helping the important companies learn to build awesome every day, themselves, is what you do. Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years experience with medium to large companies related to all aspects of application development and management including but not limited to application development, project and program management, build/release management, operations, etc.
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean environment
- Experience running IT projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Experience working directly with business executives: CIO, CTO, PMO in an advisory role
- Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
- You're passionate about the craft of software engineering
- You're still hands-on with building modern bits using CD/CI and toolchains
- You can be a driver or a navigator, and know when to be each
- You get Continuous Delivery and know the difference from CI
- You work well within and across teams to deliver high-quality software
- You are a proven team leader, and know how to evolve cross functional DevOps teams to self-organization
- You have a background in software design patterns
- You are a LINUX, LAMP...and .NET aficionado who knows what system administrators, QA and developers need to be able to do to get their jobs done. But you're not religious about stacks
- You love working in cloud APIs, i.e. AWS, Azure, vSphere/vCloud, OpenStack
- You have built bridges of automation between Ops and Developers to the amazement and delight of onlookers
- You are no stranger to distributed systems and messaging
- Experience working in a professional services or other client facing role preferred
- You have familiarity with build automation tools, including but not limited to autoconf, automake, make, cmake, lein, grunt, rake, ant
- You are familiar with Distributed and Centralized Version Control, issue trackers, mailing lists, IRC and the other common tools among open-source users and developers
- You believe that the only way to go fast is to go well and regularly consider performance and portability issues, can recognize when refactoring is necessary, and generally care about the details of the craft
- You understand how great software is designed, built, delivered, and maintained, and care passionately about delivering an excellent user experience
- You use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- You get Continuous Delivery and know that we live on main branch. You've read the book
- You can have contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a distributed group or team
- Programming skills (Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure automation experience including but not limited to automating: LAMP stacks, Microsoft stacks, WebSphere, WebLogic
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Experience with Jenkin/Hudson or other CI tools
- Experience working with version control/repos, i.e. Git, Subversion, Artifactory or Nexus
- Experience with test driven development, testing tools and frameworks like JUnit
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Powershell, and Bash
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
Job Family: Professional Services
Job ID: R16960
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.