Posted: December 29, 2016
Reference ID: 1955040125
The Client Team is interested in an experienced candidate who does not have to be a leader in the areas noted below ... looking to supplement the experienced Cisco team with an experienced candidate onsite at the Richardson, TX.
We are looking for talented, driven Build Engineer to join our team. Our engineers are pioneers in cloud collaboration infrastructure, transforming collaboration and unified communications into high performance, scalable platforms and services that are the envy of our competitors. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and ensuring operational excellence on our build and deployment servers that support all of our teams.
We have a fast-paced, exciting environment, as you would expect from a company at the forefront of technical innovation; with endless opportunities to develop your coding, automation, networking and virtualization skills, liaise with other business units within Cisco, and feed your thirst for knowledge.
The build engineer will be responsible for the deployment, scaling, and monitoring of our build servers and tools. This person will help develop processes to manage the build and deployment systems needed to deploy our software in the cloud on a continual basis.
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Participate in our agile project teams on the build of major software releases.
- Automation of deployment jobs via Jenkins (A Must).
- Creating build machines and scripts to build a variety of software and packages.
- Develops tools, scripts, or processes as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Git/Gerrit/Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with writing scripts in Shell, Python, Perl, Java.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Linux systems administration (Preferably CentOS).
- Strong knowledge of compilers and build scripting.
- Strong knowledge and experience with configuration management and automation tools (Puppet/Chef/Func/Ansible = Highly Desired).
- Experience and good understanding of networking, including TCP and DNS.
- Experience in application deployment and configuration on Linux platforms.
- Strong scripting and coding skills.
- Ability to build on and use open-source tools/projects.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development environments.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate and have open communication across functional borders.
- Experience with Artifactory or Nexus for archiving software.
If interested, please clieck APPLY or send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience with relevant degree.
- Proven ability and desire to innovate.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain confidence with ownership of issues.
- Strong communications skills to all management levels.
- Clear record of achievement and a willingness to work hard and preserve to make things happen.
- Attention to detail and proactive "can-do" approach to all aspects of the system.
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and work to tight timeframes as necessary.