About Good Samaritan Hospital Good Samaritan Hospital
is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center. We're hiring top talent today to join an outstanding, hardworking Diabetes Education team that strive for excellence in servicing our patients Good Samaritan Hospital Interested in joining this team? Apply online now. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Diabetes Educator is responsible for outpatient and inpatient diabetes education for Good Samaritan Hospital and related sites. Assesses implements and reviews treatment plan in conjunction with patients, their physician and other members of the diabetes care team. Specializes in the application of educational theory required for the treatment and management of diabetes. Works with patients and their families in an individual or class setting to improve understanding and utilization of the most current diabetes self management principles.Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a subject related to health care of public health preferred. Master's degree in a related area also preferred.
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD) or California Registered Nurse (RN) license, verification required.
- Current Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred or eligible to sit for exam within six months of hire date, verification required.
- BCLS Required
- Minimum of two years' experience within the last five years in direct diabetes patient care, inpatient or outpatient. Experience in perinatal diabetes education preferred.
- Ability to use age appropriate education skills necessary in order to support patient and family learning and information needs.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to communicate with patients, their families, physicians, hospital staff and the public.
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate, develop and implement appropriate patient education and care programs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom