Diabetes / Diabetic Coordinator Registered Nurse or LD / RD Dept: Education Work Schedule: FT Days
The Diabetes Coordinator develops, implements, facilitates, and evaluates programs, initiatives, and classes for patients with diabetes and their family meeting the requirements of hospital policy and all regulatory agencies.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with patients, physicians, nursing and ancillary staff to provide a continuum of care for the purpose of diabetic self care management.
- Responsible for adhering to all regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for a screening and visitation program to meet patient needs and established guidelines.
- Responsible for appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for distribution and regular updates of patient education materials.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) required.
- Current Texas RN license or LD/RD.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- BSN/BS Degree required.
- MSN/MS preferred.
- Two years exp in Diabetic Patient Education.
- Working knowledge of American Diabetes Association Credentialing requirements.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom