This position is part of the Luling Dicamba Maintenance Organization and will be instrumental in working with the broader team to establish a successful organization. During design and construction the Training Specialist will be responsible for developing training philosophies, methodologies and materials that support a fully functional production organization. The Training Specialist will partner with the Maintenance First Line Supervisors, Area Leader, process technical leads to ensure this critical work stream meets milestones. The Training Specialist will be a part of the checkout, waterbatching and start up of the facility. Once operational the Training Specialist will resume typical responsibilities for organizational training and development. Job Responsibilities Include
- Play a lead role in developing required training programs for the roles in the organization partnering with leadership, engineering and training.
- Develop and implement short and long term plans for effective "hands on" mechanical and electrical training.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation for training is complete.
- Coordinate outside resourced training for maintenance technicians as well as production technicians as needed.
- Support the development and review of critical maintenance documentation.
- Support the preparation of the maintenance organization for checkout, water batching and start up.
- Support changes in organization and work processes.
- Identify and develop areas for continuing education to enhance maintenance skills
- Provide specialized training for technicians for performance enhancement.
- Monitor training programs for improvement opportunities
- Continue to develop, improve and conduct testing to screen candidate who desire to enter the maintenance department.
- Coordinate the qualification program for new maintenance technicians. This includes creating a qualification training record, conducting training, and scheduling subject matter experts to deliver training.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing maintenance department
- Demonstrated competency in both E&I and mechanical fields
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to present and speak publically for small to large audiences
- Strong analytical approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Good listener and willing to seek others perspectives
- Strong emotional maturity
- Strong grasp of adult learning principles
- Demonstrated success in training
- Ability to provide critical feedback.
- Train the Trainer knowledge
- Strong coaching skills
- Creates and leverages strong peer relationships and networks.
- Understanding of best practices in developing and delivering effective training.