Responsible for setting up make ready and running Bobst die cutting equipment, as well as maintaining competitive run speeds and maintenance of all die cutting equipment. Work with estimators and designers to determine if structure is able to run successfully on equipment and suggest alternatives and revisions to design structure for efficient run speed and quality.
- Operates Die Cutter to achieve maximum quality throughout job process; consistently achieves excellent performance during make-readies and production runs following all company SOPs.
- Adjusts press to accommodate for new product sheets being cut (sets feeder, lock up die, sets stripper, blanker and delivery).
- Inspects quality of each load run; responsible for checking random sheets from each cut load to ensure quality.
- If cutting problems are encountered, flags, isolates and tags non-conforming product; troubleshoots machinery and makes proper corrections to continue processing the order.
- Maintains accurate written records of production; records waste, production time, down time etc.
- Utilizes hand truck to remove loads from press.
- Assists crew in the handling of dies.
- Assists in maintaining die cataloging system.
- Performs maintenance duties on press as necessary.
- Trains personnel in die cutting process operation and troubleshoot skills.
- Performs housekeeping tasks, maintaining cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Works proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, security procedures and instructions.
- Adheres to all GMP procedures including Labeling and Line Clearing.
- Performs all duties according to established safety policy, including wearing all PPEs to perform duties.
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary, exemplary attendance record is a must.
- Other duties as assigned by the Bindery Manager.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.