Cummins Northwest has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins Northwest employees to the company.
We are looking for extraordinary Diesel Technicians in Renton, Washington. As part of Cummins Northwest, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
The benefits to joining Cummins are just beginning.
You will earn an hourly wage commensurate with experience plus variable compensation plan. Bonus is based on how well Cummins does against financial targets. Our benefits include health plans that are some of the best within the industry. You choose a plan that best fits you and your family.
Upon hire, employees accrue paid time off - up to 128 hours annually. Depending on qualifications, a signing bonus is also an option upon hire.
Employees also receive 9 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Employees also have access to:
- Dental plan
- Employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD & D)
- Dependent life insurance (optional)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving account
- Pension plan.
- 401K, in addition to the pension plan. You can enroll in the 401K program at any time after your first week of employment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
What do you need to become a Cummins diesel technician? The main function of the position is to troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild engine products in a service workshop. The ideal candidate must be team-oriented, versatile, resourceful, dependable, flexible and help develop less experienced technician. In addition, the technician will:
- Complete required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintain work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adhere to and ensures adherence by junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
- Skills, experiences and qualifications include:
- Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Can resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
- May provide technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians
- Furnish own hand tools
- Required education, licenses or certifications:
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Cummins certifications (preferred)
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (preferred)
- Locally valid driver's license (preferred)
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to turn wrenches? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.Qualifications:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.