If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest product updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Portland, Oregon. Cummins Pacific is where you can work on our industry leading engine technology
An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments .
Skills and Experience Required:
- Complete required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, and quality forms, via handwritten or business system input screens
- Complete training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintain work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adhere to and ensures adherence by junior technicians to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Advanced level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
- Can resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities.
- May provide technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians
- Furnish own hand tools
- Required education, licenses or certifications:
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Cummins certifications (preferred)
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (preferred)
- Locally valid driver's license (preferred)
Physical Requirements (times are approximate)
Standing 7.5 hours per day • Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day • Sitting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting up to a maximum of 80 pounds • Bending 3.0 hours per day
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.