Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an IMMEDIATE opening for an experienced Diesel Fleet Mechanic at the Bountiful, UT Facility.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com You can apply specifically to Job Req #19706BR.
As a Diesel Fleet Mechanic, the primary responsibilities will be to:
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as necessary on over-the-road Class 8 tractors and trailers
- Document/record work performed electronically on computer based maintenance system
- Perform road repairs when necessary
- Perform electrical/electronic repairs on tractors and trailers
- Gas and electrical welding experience preferred
- Requires 24/7 on call
Additional job responsibilities (with on-the-job training provided) will include:
- Perform cryogenic maintenance to include repair/replacing valves, pumps, etc.
- Calibrate pump discharge meters
- Load trailers
- Competitive Pay
- Vacation/Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and Pension Plan
- Company supplied tools and tool box
- Company supplied uniforms and safety equipment
- On-the Job Training for specialized cryogenic systems
- High School diploma/equivalent
- 3-5 years strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience to over-the-road Class 8 tractors and trailers
- Strong mechanical background, with above average computer experience/skills.
- Ability to drive a Class A tractor
- Electrical troubleshooting skills on 12 volt DC circuits
- Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
- Welding knowledge and experience
- Energetic, highly motivated and well organized, self-starter with strong commitment to safety
- Strong team player with ability to work well with fellow mechanics/drivers/operations personnel
- Solid work history
- Valid Class A CDL preferred
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company celebrating 75 years of operation. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Materials Technologies business serves the semiconductor, polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2015 sales of $9.9 billion and has a current market capitalization of more than $30 billion. Approximately 19,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Applications, Human Resources U.S., then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.