**Requisition ID:** 26963BR
**Job Title:** Diesel Mechanic - Maintenance Technician
**Division:** 4954: AWS - Auburn
**Location:** 25201: Auburn-1 Hardscrabble Rd
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Technician C performs preventive maintenance to diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks, including but not limited to basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, etc., and checks torque specifications and replaces, where necessary, wheel end components, such as bearings. This position requires basic mechanic type knowledge of hydraulics to perform hose replacement on trucks where required and basic knowledge of electrical systems to perform minimal electrical maintenance functions, such as light changes. In addition, this position requires basic knowledge of vehicle suspension and steering systems to perform routine maintenance and repair.
• Maintain a basic knowledge of a vehicle’s mechanical and electrical systems to perform basic preventive and repair maintenance functions, including:
o Basic tire work, including tire replacement;
o Torque specification on wheel end components and replacing parts, such as bearings, where necessary;
o Basic hydraulic work, such as hose replacement;
o Basic electrical work, such as light changes on trucks; and
o Basic suspension and steering systems maintenance and repair to ensure the vehicle is in proper working order at all times.
• Identify the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
• Refer more complex repairs to A or B level Technician, or to Lead Technician.
• Completion of applicable Company training program.
• Perform other job-related duties as required or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• At least 1 year of experience in a maintenance role that included supervised training on heavy transportation vehicles, aircrafts or ships by a certified Technician.
• Completion of a certified diesel maintenance program.
• At least 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T8 PM.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules and to promote safety standards.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.