**Requisition ID:** 26375BR
**Job Title:** Diesel Mechanic - Maintenance Technician - Advanced
**Division:** 3080: Republic-Kalamazoo
**Location:** 26211: Kalamazoo-3432 Gembrit Cir
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
With limited supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Technician A performs all engine and emission maintenance as well as repairs on all trucks and equipment and, where necessary, can perform all drive train component work, as well as suspension and steering systems repairs and maintenance on heavy duty Class 8 trucks. This position requires advanced knowledge of engine drive trains, suspension and steering systems, electrical and hydraulic systems, advanced air brake and valve systems, as well as advanced knowledge of engine chassis, body control systems, and heating and air conditioning systems, to be able to perform advanced-level repair and maintenance in compliance with the Company’s safety procedures and requirements. In addition, a Technician A is responsible for welding to repair equipment, ensuring adherence to all safety requirements at all times.
• Maintain advanced knowledge of a vehicle’s engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions, on site and on the road, including:
• Advanced engine chassis repair and maintenance;
• Advanced knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair the vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
• Advanced knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to effectively diagnose and repair complex heating and cooling systems in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner; and
• Safely operating welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
• Identify the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
• Refer more complex repairs to Lead Technician.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• ASE T4 Brakes.
• ASE T5 Suspension and Steering.
• ASE T6 Electrical/Electronic.
• ASE T8 PMI.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T2 Diesel Engine.
• ASE T-Master Certified.
• ASE T3 Drive Train.
• ASE T7 HVAC Systems.
• Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
• Previous experience in the heavy transportation industry as a technician.
• At least three years of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
• At least 3 years of prior experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced suspension, steering and wheel-end components training, as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• Advanced drive train knowledge as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.