**Requisition ID:** 27260BR
**Job Title:** Diesel Mechanic- Maintenance Technician - Advanced
**Division:** 4401: AWS - Bella Vista
**Location:** 05201: Bella Vista-36 Bella Vista Wa
**City:** Bella Vista
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
Republic Services is looking for ambitious, capable and skilled technicians to join our network of over 32,000 employees serving 14 million customers and over 2,700 communities across the United States. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Technician A performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components; refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic, and electrical systems; air brake systems; general engine work; HVAC components; and suspension, drive train and steering systems.
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
• Tackle a new challenge every day
• Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
• Receive training on new technologies and equipment
• Work a regular shift in a stable industry
• Be recognized for exceptional performance
• Serve your community and your customers
• Follow strong career paths for professional growth
• Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
• Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on site and on the road:
o Chassis component repair and maintenance;
o Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems;
o Air and hydraulic braking systems;
o Engine repair and maintenance;
o Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems; and
o Heating and air conditioning systems.
• Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
• Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
• Completes applicable Company training programs.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• At least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy duty Class 8 trucks.
• ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
• LNG and/or CNG experience is a plus but not required.
• Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.