If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career. This mid-range role is customer-focused and is your starting spot for multiple career paths within our Service business with training on our newest products and updates.
This is an exciting opportunity in Houston, TX for an Engine Workshop Technician. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology such as 40hp to 2500 hp engines or onan gensets. An Extraordinary Cummins Technician...
Skills and Experience Required:
- Embraces new technology for diagnostics and data gathering.
- Focuses on a high level of customer service and communications.
- Looks to develop their skill set and product knowledge through classroom, hands-on, and virtual training.
- Mentors and coaches junior technicians.
- Readily adapts to a changing work environment and work assignments.
Qualifications: Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components.
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines.
- Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
Physical Requirements (times are approximate)
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical school or community college graduates preferred.
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Must have a valid Texas or Oklahoma driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line.
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships.
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements.
- Can resolve common technical problems.
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision.
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
Standing 7.5 hours per day • Pushing/Pulling 4.0 hours per day • Sitting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting 1.5 hours per day • Lifting up to a maximum of 100 pounds • Bending 3.0 hours per day • Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.