Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description SUMMARY
Provides clerical services to support efficient food service and adequate nutrition to patients. Serves as a department liaison to nursing services and patients and their families. Checks patient trayline to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all food sent to patients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
Accurately updates menu system. Composes accurate menus, tray tickets, and snack labels within the guidelines of the patient's dietary restrictions and in accordance with department standards and guidelines.
Conscientiously performs duties as trayline checker ensuring that each trayline begins as scheduled. Evaluates all patient trays accurately and makes appropriate corrections.
Exhibits knowledge of modified diets commonly encountered within the facility and demonstrates appropriate use of available resources.
Follows established guidelines and uses appropriate food service communication procedures for any necessary interaction to ensure consistency.
Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population.
Maintains compliance with ARAMARK's standards of operation. Adheres to ARAMARK's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, stated and federal regulations and codes.
Maintains compliance with all requirements of federal, state and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended. OTHER DUTIES
Completes assigned clerical tasks in a timely and efficient manner that contributes to the productivity and efficiency of the department.
As needed, assists patients and families in food selections and completion of menus.
Performs all other related duties. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of call center work experience.
- Additional experience in food service, hospitality or customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, critical thinking, problem solving and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to make sound judgments while quickly processing information.
- Ability to type 35-45wpm.
- Proficient computer and web-based software skills including the ability to adapt to regular changes in software programs and processes.
- Knowledge of modified diets preferred. Ability to read, write, speak and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow and give oral and written instructions.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate with patients, patient family members, hospital personnel and co-workers.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.