Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Global Customer Data and Applications COE is responsible for leading strategic market research by leveraging secondary data sources, including real-world data, formal and informal relationships, and national-level prescription data. It is also responsible for the development of enhanced analytic platforms to support of business needs across the Merck portfolio. We are looking for a Digital Analyst who will support Merck corporate, MSD corporate and therapeutic CBLs and serves as the primary analyst for monitoring and reporting activities within The Pulse Social Media Command Center.
This role will support the Enterprise Social Media Business Group by using current reporting and connecting the social metrics and activity to overall business goals and objective in the form of in-depth analysis. Key initiatives of the Digital Analyst role include serving as subject matter expert and primary point of contact for digital analytics, data analysis, and reporting. The Digital Analyst coordinates directly with team members who lead brand, social media, and digital marketing.
- Serve as subject matter expert for digital analytics.
- Develop and implement strategic measurement plans to ensure accurate measure of Key Performance Indications (KPIs).
- Establish reporting processes that highlight value and achievement of goals
- Design and automate reports, dashboards, and analyses for digital program KPIs and performance, including data, trends, business context and actionable insights to business.
- Work closely with team to create data driven recommendations for launching and optimizing social media channels.
- Deep dive analysis into consumer behavior on social media to identify insights within the online experience and provide strategic recommendations to support data-driven decision making.
- Understand business needs, and design appropriate reporting and analytic solutions on a quarterly, monthly or ad hoc basis.
- Monitor and analyze channel and content performance during and post-launch sharing insights across teams.
- Quickly identify abnormalities or unexpected results as identified in reporting.
- Ensure data quality by conducting regular audits and testing tracking on site to verify metrics are properly captured and reported correctly
- Translate digital insights based on data into actionable recommendations
- Ensure corporate level consistency across various reporting metrics
- Create effective presentations for business leaders, with focus on impact and recommendations.
- Bachelor degree is required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum two years performance in digital analyst role
- Solid understanding of and experience working with online analytics metrics, including social
- Proficient with web analytics concepts and tools
- Strong data interpretation and communications skills; proven ability to summarize and present complex findings clearly and concisely to various management levels.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Passionate about web technologies and content strategy. Bring new and innovative ideas to improve the web presence.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to engage with and influence decision markers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement