Digital Advisor, Financial Industry Digital Advisory Services Are you ready to seize an opportunity to work with Microsoft’s most established customers, advising and supporting their executives with the planning and realization of key digital transformation initiatives focused on the value created with digital technologies? If so, the Digital Advisor position, within Microsoft’s Digital Advisory Services, is a unique career opportunity for you!
For decades, organizations have invested in technology to incrementally innovate and become more profitable. In the Digital Era, organizations use technology to transform how they interact with customers, what they sell, how their employees work and make decisions, and how they optimize their businesses. Digital transformation requires a cultural shift, and Microsoft Digital Advisors get organizations started on their digital journey. They help organizations as they reimagine and transform customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations. Digital Advisors bring their expertise, as well as Microsoft resources, experience and innovation, to empower organizations to reach their digital aspirations. Partnering with organizations, Digital Advisors drive a program of change to build the digital business.
As a Digital Advisor, you will guide organizations to create an aspirational plan that formalizes their digital vision. Your ability to develop trusted relationships with business leaders, to help them think about their business and customers in the context of digital possibilities, and collaborate on a vision to achieve more.
What does a Digital Advisor do?
• Create the customer’s Book of Dreams, Digital Maturity Models, and Business Value Models – You guide customers as they re-imagine and document their end-to-end digital transformation journey.
• Lead the Dream Journey - You lead the creation of a digital transformation journey that includes the Microsoft and customer team that will make it happen.
• Enable the Digital Dream Factory - You ensure that the organization creates an ongoing lab - a portable source of services that continues the digital transformation process throughout the company.
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for the Digital Advisor Role:
Our Digital Advisors know their customer’s business, the industry in which they operate, and how Microsoft can help them drive their Digital transformation. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities including strong leadership and people skills. They also share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that will drive innovation and customer value leveraging the following:
• 15+ years of professional experience, including technical and/or business consulting
• Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging Digital Solutions, and experience managing technology-enabled business change within one or more Financial Industry Segments (i.e., Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance)
• Experience implementing key Microsoft, or related technologies, with a preference for depth in Cloud, IoT, Enterprise Architecture, and Financial Industry technical solutions.
• Ability to work within a matrixed organization where to drive goals collaborating with virtual teams.
• Executive presence, including ability to hold CXO level discussions, and executive-level, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
• Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including the coordination of relevant resources
• Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
• Consistent record of delivering business value, by bringing the benefits of technology to transform their business
• Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects
• Passion for technology, business, market trends and, specifically, the Customer.
• Ability to become an advocate for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, and diverse offerings, by conceptualizing, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft technologies
• Recognized innovator with strong storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset for the teams and the customers
• Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
One Microsoft, One Services. Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments.
For more information, visit http://www.microsoft.com/Services
Join us as a Digital Advisor and be one who empower billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.