Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The role of Digital Business Design Specialist is at the core of Schneider Electric’s digital transformation, arguably the most exciting, challenging, and entrepreneurial initiative at the company. As part of the IoT and Digital Transformation Group, you will help drive the change of Schneider Electric from a high-end hardware manufacturer to a software-driven provider of services based on data and connectivity. If you have the entrepreneurial spirit fueled by top-class business and communication skills, this is a unique opportunity to use them to deliver a massive impact with an industry leader.
The mandate of Digital Transformation Group is to support Business Units in creating market-leading digital offers by working closely with product teams. Eventually, we aim to make BUs rethink their business and change their mindsets. We do this by centering our approach around extensive customer interaction from ideation to launch. In practice, we bring the capabilities to support BU offer creation from end to end, including marketing, product design, technology, IT, cloud services, connectivity, data science, and more.
The focus of a Digital Business Design Specialist is on customer value proposition, product design, and business model. The broader mandate is to support product teams in various ways during offer development. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, good organizational habits, and the ability to build up credibility and to exert soft influence among stakeholders, along with decent understanding of technology and IIoT context. We are looking for team players who are passionate about enabling Customer Success and experienced in Design Thinking for Business methods. As you will be responsible to develop and scale digital business at Schneider Electric together with its leaders and Executive Committee sponsors, this role provides exposure to top executives and thought leaders.
- Understand the needs of BU leaders and stakeholders to scope engagements
- Identify, onboard, and coordinate resources as needed
- Capture and communicate external market situation, competitive landscape, and partnership opportunities
- Adopt, implement, and advocate for customer-centric product design methodology
- Collaborate with other teams within Digital Transformation and IoT Group – Analytics, Digital Services Platform, Pervasive Sensing, Digital Intelligence Platform – to ensure end-to-end support to product teams
- Lead key deliverables throughout digital offer creation lifecycle, including customer input, value proposition, customer journeys, business model, prototypes, technical offer requirements, user stories, operating model, go-to-market strategy, roll-out plan, and more
- Work with executives to set priorities within verticals, align on Schneider Electric IoT strategy, promote collaboration and best practices
- Lead key IoT strategic topics and ad-hoc projects: potential partnerships evaluation, start-up screening, pricing strategy, country-level operating models, IoT strategy board presentations, industry analysis, and government engagement
- Help drive digital transformation across the company and be an active advocate of it.
- 3 years of experience designing and launching new products and/or services as Businesses
- Familiarity with dynamics of modern digital business innovation is preferred
- Familiarity of Building, Energy, Data Center, or Industry markets is helpful
- Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree preferred
- Extensive training or experience in technology required
- Experience working in a fast-moving, multi-stakeholder, and evolving organization with a large degree of ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple work streams of larger projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with remote teams and across time zones to foster cohesive and creative work environment
- Outstanding social and networking skills in a multi-cultural environment, strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature and executive judgment
- Comfort in dynamic, ambiguous environments and passion to help the team be faster, innovative, and disruptive.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.