About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Position Summary:
Lead and sustain the transformation to an Agile delivery model at Bristol-Myers Squibb with faster, incremental release of business capabilities. Develop a standard Agile framework that includes training, adoption and alignment on methodology. Establish standards, tools, libraries and development resources around leading edge practices. Ensure standardization to reduce complexity costs as well as sharing of best practices. Key Responsibilities:
- Recruit and manage internal and external Agile coaches, develop a pool and recruiting pipeline, support performance management, tracking of hours and expenses; train and onboard coaches
- Build an Agile Playbook, grow the Agile knowledge base, and promote a knowledge exchange and community around Agile
- Enable project teams during the Agile transformation through pulse checks, early detection of failures, and with targeted interventions and conflict resolution
- Establish a Program Management Office (PMO) across Agile project teams, that provides progress tracking and success metrics, detecting common obstacles, and highlighting specific roadblocks and risks to senior management
- Standardize tools, templates and processes across the enterprise and tailor them according to need
- Create and facilitate communities, organized as meetings around roles and topics, including the capture of common issues, best practices, and identifying experts
- Own the Agile maturity assessment and manage its execution for teams and individuals, allowing to measure and further drive the Agile transformation and maturity (including awards and recognition)
- Drive the communication messages to create excitement, provide information, and win the hearts and minds through newsletters, forums, Town Halls, speaker series, etc.
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- 10 years in information management leading teams and large projects and a portfolio of projects
- Expert knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation.
- Leader with strong relationships and ability to influence, communicate, plan, effect, support and drive change at the leadership, portfolio, program and team levels.
- Strong project, program and project portfolio management experience
- Experience working cross divisionally with all business areas.
- Deep knowledge of agile rules and practices, and experience in working in an Agile Software organization
- Strong external and internal communication skills, experienced in working with executives
- Ability to drive to business outcomes, sees process and tools as a means to and end
- Results oriented and capable of meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines with attention to detail and highest quality results.
- Values continuous learning and improving
- Familiar and experienced with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc.
- 5 years of experience with one or more Agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Certification in one or more of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP), SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), or other agile related certifications.
- Familiarity with large-scale agile frameworks like Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), Nexus, etc.
- BS Information Management, Master's Degree in Information Management preferred; MBA is a plus
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.