Discover. A more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other.
Discover Card's E-Business organization is looking for an innovative and driven professional to join the Digital Center of Excellence (DCOE) team. For over 15 years, Discover Card's pioneering E-Business team has been at the forefront of innovation in digital user experience, online servicing and web site development practices that have resulted in extensive industry recognition, high customer satisfaction and outstanding business results. The DCOE team's mission is to align and support strategic digital initiatives and capabilities at the enterprise level.
* Lead strategic enterprise-wide digital projects in-line with the digital road-map
* Rationalize and upgrade digital processes and capabilities
* Identify, define, manage, and optimize digital supplier, vendor, and partner relationships
* Collaborate across lines of businesses to standardize and share best practices, build relationships, establish control procedures and processes, and streamline technologies and tools
* Optimize digital operating expenses and complexity
The Digital Center of Excellence- Project Manager will champion specific digital engagements, with a focus on agile project management and enterprise-wide digital transformation. This high-exposure role will consult closely with Card and Bank leadership to gain an understanding of their business and develop aligned customer experiences. Specifically, this person will focus on enterprise-wide initiatives including complex cross-functional digital enhancements, common infrastructure optimization and user experience standards. The candidate must be comfortable operating in an agile development environment and making strong judgment calls based on the information and alternatives available, leaning on internal and external subject matter experts when needed.
The candidate for this position must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and motivate team members and stakeholders. The key responsibilities for the role include:
* Drive digital transformation, optimize digital infrastructure, and identify vendor efficiencies across lines of business
* Lead agile project management lifecycle for enhancements by managing backlog, defining scope, identifying milestones, developing requirements, and leading cross-functional work groups
* Deliver a brand-aligned responsive digital experiences by collaborating with design team and agencies for front-end design development, and with Customer Service for call handling strategies
* Work with internal business partners such as Bank, Brand, Business Technology, Security and Legal as well as with external vendors to ensure resource engagements and project delivery
* Build strong relationships with Card & Bank product lines, gain understanding of business models, and deliver improved customer experience, digital best practices and operational efficiencies across enterprise
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* 3+ years of experience successfully managing digital transformation initiatives, preferably in financial services
* Strong experience working with external digital business partners, vendor, and service providers
* Experience with agile project management; Agile / PMP certifications a plus
* Attention-to-detail and demonstrated ability for task-management with ability and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working independently, under general direction
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* 5+ years of overall work experience required
* Bachelor's degree required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.