This position will be responsible for PR and external communication planning and strategy to help support a business unit's programs and leaders. This includes traditional, digital and social-based communication and syncing with key digital stakeholders, retail marketers, store operations and others to generate earned media coverage of various programs, services and initiatives. Job Responsibilities
- Provides strategic communications and PR counsel to business unit leaders regarding initiatives that drive performance in the division and its critical functions.
- Supports the development and implementation of an annual PR plan for the business unit that is integrated with and supports key activities of the business unit leaders and their objectives. Primary focus on the digital team and broader organization under Walgreens CIO and CMO.
- Develops and implements PR tactics to support key business unit initiatives, including outlining objectives and strategies, creating appropriate messaging, writing press releases, managing timelines and project deadlines and managing client contributions and expectations.
- Masters relevant digital and retail industry and business unit information to effectively implement PR plans which drive earned media coverage and which can also increase ROI and share of voice across key narratives.
- Manages and works with external agency partners to drive strategic communication objectives while aligning and establishing corporate communications messaging within traditional, digital-social vehicles; through owned and earned channels, as well as some paid/social.
- Identifies and attends relevant industry conferences and events to further specific channel expertise within communications, digital, influencer and social space to continuously obtain best-in-class knowledge and maintain key visibility from an enterprise leadership perspective.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience developing, executing and integrating communications and PR plans, or High School/GED and at least 4 years of experience developing, executing and integrating communications and PR plans
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience providing counsel, influence and challenge to the thinking of business leaders
- Experience writing and editing in AP style
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Experience leading and completing multiple projects on deadline
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
- At least one year of experience in cross-functional team leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications and/or English
- At least 5 years of experience developing, executing and integrating communications and PR plans
- Experience with social media channels and platforms to help drive consumer awareness and earned media coverage.
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other members of a team.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.