At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Our digital communications team advances PHI and Exelon priorities, reputation, and branding, using cutting-edge and industry leading digital strategy and tactics. The position supports PHI’s companywide brand strategy, advertising, and integrated communications goals. The position is responsible for all social media channels, as well as day-to-day enhancement and maintenance of our operating company websites, and our content hub, thesource.pepcoholdings.com, including content creation and management and design and measurement. The position assists with companywide web governance. This position coordinates social media graphic design and video projects that support PHI’s brand strategy. The position is responsible for tracking the status of all content included in the PHI editorial calendar, including blog posts, related social media content, press activity, and videos. The position will coordinate email list-building efforts, and execute strategic email outreach to customers, stakeholders, and PHI employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Manage all social media channel work for PHI, supporting PHI’s companywide brand strategy, advertising and integrated marketing communications, managing execution of digital communications projects. This includes:
• content creation, posting, and associated paid digital campaign management
• social listening and coordinated response as appropriate
• boosting customer and stakeholder online engagement
• day-to-day and storm/emergency-related customer response on social media
• advising Communications leadership on cutting-edge digital tactics and platforms for PHI use or exploration
2. Develop and maintain PHI operating company external websites, including our content hub, thesource.pepcoholdings.com. Responsible for content and site development and updates; consistent branding and design; ongoing web strategy; and measurement and analysis of site performance and usability. This includes:
• helping develop strategic direction for the websites and hub, identifying opportunities for website enhancements that support business and policy goals
• managing all web content and content-related projects for the websites
• writing, editing, and proofreading new content and acting as an editor/publisher
• tracking the status of all content included in the PHI editorial calendar, including blog posts, related social media content, press activity, and videos.
• responding to issues and concerns that may impact the website and corporate brand
• ensuring consistency through compliance with web style, content, and branding guidelines
• collaborating with IT on web strategy and enhancements, technology issues, and metrics of site performance
3. Coordinate all digital graphic design and video work and projects that support PHI’s brand strategy. Create shareable graphics, gifs, and videos for social media platforms and websites. Coordinate vendors also responsible for digital graphic design and video projects.
4. Coordinate email list-building efforts, and execute strategic email outreach to customers, stakeholders, and PHI employees.
5. Assist in leading enterprise-wide web governance activities including involvement in the Web Governance Committee. Coordinate meetings, track issues, provide guidance on policies, procedures, best practices and technical assistance. Ensure web projects support business goals and comply with company policy and regulations.
6. Develop, execute, and support other business units and departments with training on digital content management system, digital best practices, and digital guidelines.
• 4-year relevant degree and at least 2 years of communications and/or web management experience
• Must be familiar with a variety of digital communications concepts, practices, and procedures
• Broad experience with social media work
• Demonstrated digital footprint and proficiency
• Digital graphic design experience
• High degree of interpersonal and communications (oral, written, presentation) skills
• Ability to lead and manage projects independently
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including senior executives
• Proficient in web applications, web layout, design and usability.
• Experience with branding and/or corporate digital communications
• Experience developing and creating videos for use on social media and content hubs
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.