Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of its global employees. Every day, we empower our people to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is responsible for driving growth of new business within the US Partner Business at consulting engineering firms. This candidate will help identify opportunities for business expansion, develop and manage account relationships and provide world class technical application support to consulting engineering firms that contribute to business development for the entire Schneider Electric organization.
Schneider Electric expert responding to Consulting Engineer needs via phone, email and chat.
· Work closely with Schneider Electric DCES Team, Field CES Team and external consulting engineers to effectively communicate our design solutions via digital tools
· Develop/Maintain a matrix of experts with cross-functional Business Units
· Contribute to the development of SE "friendly" design projects.
· Develop options / trade-offs for electrical design projects and provide budget pricing and layouts
· Become Subject Matter Expert on Schneider Electric products and solutions
· Assist with the development of technical presentations, FAQ’s and Expert Content
· Present technical subject matter (Arc Flash, Coordination, Power Quality, etc) in webinar format
o Streamline processes
o Drive Company differentiation and change
Knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for success
· Highly enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with aptitude to work independently while also contributing to a geographically diverse team
· Ability to work a varied weekday based time schedule that may encompass a different time zone
· Customer-centered engineering design support
· Efficiency in managing multiple requests to meet aggressive service level agreement timeframes
· Proven skills in the proficient use of digital tools such as chat, email, digital phone systems and web conferencing
· Proven skills in written and oral communication of technical topics
· Proven skill in electrical power distribution system design (Arc Flash, Selective Coordination, Competitive Offers...etc.)
· Knowledgeable of mechanical design and building management systems
· Knowledgeable of the NEC, Local Codes, NFPA 70E, IEEE Standards
· Knowledgeable of the codes and standards governing building design
· Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD
· Working knowledge of SKM Systems Analysis software
· Working knowledge of Master Spec Specifications
Activities in support of Sales (Consulting Engineering Specialist) and with targeted engineering firms.
· Electrical Systems Design Review
o One line Diagram Modifications
o LV / MV Equipment
o Updating / Reviewing Engineer's Specs
o Review / Counter Competitor Specs
· Budget Price and Layout
o Best Practices
o Q2C Configurators
· Energy Efficiency
o Building Management Systems
· Technical Questions – New / Existing Technologies / Codes
· BIM/Revit Knowledge
Education and Experience
· 10 yrs experience in Electrical Design and Consulting, Power System Design or related work experience
· Bachelor of Science Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· US - This is a virtual customer centric position.
· 5% or less US travel
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Primary Location: United States
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.