The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Blizzard's experience in esports with the best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
We're looking for a proven Content Coordinator to assist in making sure videos, marketing promotions, and other Overwatch League web content updates are constantly fresh, fun and impactful. If you're the one we seek, then you're a tech savvy, metrics-minded, detail-oriented communicator who is passionate about supporting some of the most content and feature-rich esports experiences on the web.
If you join our team, you'll help coordinate, publish, and maintain a host of cool content; keep a fast-paced, multi-departmental publishing schedule straight; and work throughout our web platform to help our Publishing, Web, and Esports Ops teams achieve their goals. We can't wait to see what you've got!RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Overwatch League website content infrastructure day-to-day.
- Implement, maintain and support advertising, news and other content feeds in concert with Marketing, Community, Editorial, Video and Web & Mobile teams.
- Provide fixes, quick changes and technical support for materials across our content management systems.
- Work closely with all promotional content teams on storytelling for fans, promoting content series, events, and more.
- Assist advertising opportunities and plan update calendars and site takeovers in concert with Marketing and Web teams.
- Manage third-party site ad servers and ensure they are up to spec; monitor site ad traffic in concert with third-party contacts.
- Schedule, post and tag pre-produced videos; work with editorial staff to incorporate videos into written content.
- Coordinate execution of promotional content strategy and collaborate on present and future content infrastructure with our Web team.
- Track analytics on published materials, and share your findings with all contributing teams.
- Bachelor's degree in digital communications, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Minimum three years' professional experience working with websites to execute online content publication or promotions, particularly for entertainment or technology outlets.
- Solid experience with metrics software for web and mobile publishing platforms (such as Chartbeat).
- Proven success collaborating with diverse teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven proficiency with content management systems (including Drupal).
- Basic proficiency with HTML/CSS-you can optimize published materials, fix broken code, and troubleshoot digital issues for a wide variety of contributors.
- Deep familiarity with website infrastructures, visitor patterns, and user expectations.
- Enthusiasm for adapting to new technologies and means of digital content delivery in a shifting landscape. Change is your opportunity, not your nightmare.
- Powerfully independent work ethic-you can figure out how to get from A to Z without constant oversight, and you are motivated by your own high standards.
- Fluency with multiple online and social media platforms.
- Web design and user experience mentality and vocabulary.
- Video editing/multimedia aptitude and experience.
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, web development, or related fields.
- Familiarity with project management and process improvement.
- A love for Blizzard esports, particularly Overwatch!
Required Application Materials:
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.