The Personal Lines Creative Team at The Hartford is looking for a talented and driven Digital Creative Designer to join our team. Are you a passionate, proactive, collaborative creative type with a knack for designing smart and highly effective communications? This is an opportunity to apply your talent and energy to our creative department. If you are adept at designing high quality, persuasive creative for a broad range of marketing materials and customer communications including online creative to drive acquisition and retention through emails, landing pages, banner ads, webpages and eMagazines, and also enjoy expressing your skills in a highly collaborative environment, connect with The Hartford.
The Digital Creative Designer will collaborate with other team members, including writers and an offline designer to interpret creative needs, translate into digital creative and design digital solutions with high visual impact. The digital designer is responsible for: Design Development:
Designs persuasive, high quality, strategic static and interactive designs with a copy writing partner under the direct of the Personal Lines' Marketing Strategy Lead ("MSL").
• Designs and manages marketing materials from start-to-finish
• Produces persuasive design that influences the audience toward a desired action
• Works with other members of Creative Team, Enterprise Digital team and program managers to deliver creative concepts and layouts for assigned projects including: emails, landing pages, banner ads, etc.
• Transform final digital design assets into digital deliverables
• Develops initial rough layouts or mock-ups with copywriter partner and/or other design partner for creative review with MSL
• Recommends, researches and develops imagery and graphic devices to support creative strategy and execution
• Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and present in all executions
• Produces and is accountable for the final development of creative assets and ensures accuracy
• Works under tight deadlines and produces large quantities of work without sacrificing quality. Team Skills:
Being a great team player is a requisite.
• Demonstrates reliability, communicates constructively, listens actively
• Treats others in a respectful, supportive, professional manner
• Functions as an active participant, shares willingly and openly, cooperates and pitches in to help
• Exhibits flexibility, participates as a problem-solver
• Demonstrates commitment to the team
• Willingness to ask others for their expertise and help
• Understands and respects teammates roles and responsibilities
• Expects all of the above from fellow teammates Account Collaboration:
Partners with the MSL, copywriters, and fellow designers in developing concepts and creative executions to achieve effective and efficient outcomes
• Engages with the MSL in project team meetings when applicable
• Actively seeks teammates for their input and insights while developing projects
• Works directly with requesting project lead as outlined by the scope of the project Creative Strategies:
Supports the MSL work in developing concepts and creative executions
- Contributes strategic creative concepts with the broader creative team
- Provides Creative Team unsolicited ideas and insights on design trends, digital trends, or new channel innovations
• Please include a link to your portfolio website on your resume • Graphic Arts background required, to include a Bachelor's Degree or Technical Degree
• 5-7 years' digital design experience, preferably in direct marketing for the insurance or financial services industry
• Highly developed critical thinking skills
• Prior experience with graphic/web design required
• Possess knowledge of wireframe production tools such as Visio
• Understand design applications in paper, digital, mobile, and emerging channels
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite 6 on a Mac including:
o Illustrator: Logos, mastheads, illustrations, templates
o Photoshop: Photos retouching, creating PSD layered files, JPG, TIF, EPS, PNG
o InDesign: Program most used for designing marketing material layouts
• Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, prioritize work and hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to effectively engage with both creative and non-creative individuals in the organization; comfortable presenting work to team members, leadership team and clients.
• Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in their persuasion skills
• Reviews the creative briefs ensuring they fully understand the objectives; asking for clarification to fill the gaps
• Is pragmatic with creative executions always keeping an eye on the objectives of the assignment
• Able to challenge conventional design approaches with new tactics and innovative executions About The Hartford:
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 17,500 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2014 revenues of $18.6 billion. Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation's most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America's largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy. The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value. The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
• Human Rights Campaign as a 2015 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2009-2015)
• Dow Jones Sustainability Index as a leader in corporate sustainability (2014)
• Carbon Disclosure Project on the 2014 Climate Leadership Index (2014)
• GI Jobs as a 2014 Military Friendly Employer (2010-2014)
• Military Times Edge as a 2015 "Best for Vets" Employer (2010-2015)
• Ethisphere Institute as a "World's Most Ethical Company" (2008-2012, 2014, 2015)
• U.S. EPA with the annual Climate Leadership Award (2014-2015)
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford's recognition. More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford. The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity. ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **