Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
• Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
• Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
• Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
The Digital Data Analyst is an associate level opportunity on the NAM Digital Conversion team within Unilever Food Solutions (UFS). This role would support our customer journeys fueling it with the right data and analyzing the performance as well making sure the right customer and product data remains integer across the right platforms.
The Digital Data Analyst’s primary responsibility will be to monitor, process and maintain digital data (customer/product) originating from different sources using proprietary tools and resources. Working with marketers, CD (sales) operations and e-commerce to increase engagement of operators and increase conversion to sales on both UFS owned touch points (e.g. UFS.com), and our partners digital environments (e.g. distributor web shops / pure players) to succeed in e-commerce. This role will take part in special projects and quality reporting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of data from multiple sources and stored in proprietary databases
- Use existing data integrity tools and/or create new proactive solutions to identify erroneous data points
- Troubleshoot and resolve quality issues with sourced, processed and/or consolidated data, irrespective of cause
- Provide timely and complete resolution of ad-hoc internal and external data queries
- One operator profile: Maintain one profile for all NAM non visited operators (digital reach)
- Quality: Improve quality of operator data, product and recipe data on different digital touch points including e-commerce channels
- Process: Secure and effective streamlining operator data, product and recipe data to belonging parties, including e-commerce parties, GS1 and trade partners.
- Process: Manage process of digital data transfer between marketing and CD to optimize one contact strategy (Input in Salesforce.com program).
- Interfacing: extend integrations with data sources to further improve data (operator/product/recipe)
- Digital data: support the tagging strategy across Paid Owned Earned media channels
- Data analysis: Brief into global data science team to run personalization to increase conversion to sales
- Performance driven: Monitor and visualize results using measurement tools (Google Analytics Premium , Tableau) making sure we improve conversion along each step of the operator journey (including media)
- Performance driven: input in digital ROI process to improve effectiveness of bigger activation's
- Performance driven: Monitor quality of content exposed to UFS owned touch point and external parties (specifically web shops/portals that house UFS content and input into optimizations (using Clavis as tool)
- Minimum Bachelor degree required; Master degree (preferred) in Information Management, Computer Science, Econometrics, or Finance/Economics/Marketing. Specialization in Information/Data Management preferred
- 2 to 4 years prior work experience in a related functional role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; ability to write and utilize basic functions and macros.
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Clavis; and SQL
- Affinity with data science tools (e.g. ‘R’)
- Technical understanding of digital and CRM tools and it’s data flows
- Business Process management skills (focus data)
- Excellent database management skills (e.g. Oracle SQL, MS Access / Excel)
- Requirement settings / writing technical and functional process flows (Visio)
- Strong communication and project management skills by working closely with vendors responsible for different data sources
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.