PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Exelon, our Digital team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer’s experience. Our team is excited to create and pave the digital path forward for Exelon. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards Exelon’s goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As a Digital Engineer, you will help us scale our digital platforms and help us move towards a more service-oriented architecture. In addition to being highly skilled on the technical side, you will also be able to put yourself in the user's shoes and think critically about what you're building, be responsible for meeting the requirements through delivery of a project, and oversee the day-to-day work of development projects.
Your role in this will be centered on the development and improvement of new and existing features. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard development methodologies, and participating in an inclusive, energetic and highly cross-functional team. The Digital Engineer role encompasses architect, design, implementation, and testing to ensure building products right and release them with high quality.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Lead the development of technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Support the identification and understanding of user requirements of a design problem and implementation, including development of functional requirements
- Serve as a conduit between business stakeholder needs and engineering team.
- Own releases and functionality while being responsible for developing and executing architectural concepts that maintain high standards and sound practices
- Drive product and documentation improvements that directly translate to a better developer experience
- Architect and develop web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POCs)
- Work cross-functionally with various teams to develop solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience shipping user-facing applications
- Fine-tuned attention to detail and pixel-perfection execution
- Experience with component-based frontend frameworks
- Use modern front end development practices
- Ability to work in dynamic, often ambiguous conditions requiring rapid transitions between collaborative and individual work
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with remote project teams
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes good software design, a deeper understanding of programming languages, and an ability to solve engineering problems of increasing difficulty. Shows initiative beyond pure implementation.
- Experience building highly scalable web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in CS (or equivalent field) plus 5 years of work experience OR Master’s degree in CS (or equivalent field) plus 3 years of relevant experiences Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.