GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 35,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry-from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it's The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. You can learn more here: GE.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Digital Engineering CIO
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE Oil & Gas is seeking an entrepreneurial technology leader who will direct the Model Based Enterprise IT strategy across the Oil & Gas Engineering function, shaping Model Based Definition and thinking to build on our digital thread. The successful candidate will translate concepts, develop strategy, implement change, and create programs responsive for our O&G technical design & manufacture teams, as well as to the external environment.
In order to more effectively and efficiently manage the growing complexity of our business and technology leadership, the Digital Engineering CIO will work to grow our capabilities and leverage digital technologies.This will enable a Digital Thread for:
* Providing the right data at the right time to collaborate and speed decision-making
* Re-use product data throughout the lifecycle and eliminate redundancy
* Faster engineering and supply chain development cycles
* Lowering costs and higher quality
This covers honing and growing our expertise in core technology, processes, systems/tools, and IT solutions. Lead the organization to deliver capabilities in support a 3-D model based digital strategy to add greater value to our products and customer solutions.
In addition, you will lead:
* The Digitization of high value Products and Standard components for major programs. This digitization includes the transformation from 2D Drawings to the continuing ramp/scale of 3D Models as the Master, fundamental Model Based Definition (Engineering Specifications, Materials, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances, and Notes), then leveraging the Digital Product data upstream (Commercially) and downstream (enabling Model Based Digital Manufacturing & Services).
* Continue development and maturity of Product Lifecycle Management. This is the centralized & integrated system (single source) to create, manage, and configure digital product, manufacturing, & services information. This includes: global infrastructure, architecture, & integrations, blueprinted processes, bills of material management, configuration management, document management, integrated change management, supplier collaboration, integrations with adjacent systems (automated feeds to ERP), search/analytics/and reporting, web based portal, operations, support, and training.
* Build business to physical data model integration, standardized solution sets, and connected system architectures to enable digital thread. This team will also work closely with IT CTO/Infrastructure on improving engineering's performance with data centers, networks, & server topology, integration of data, and new technologies. Database & solution configuration packages, HPC requirements, end user hardware requirements, engineering application rationalization/reductions, and future cloud roadmap.
* Oversee Program Management Office (PMO for metrics, financials, and imperatives) for business process blueprint governance, project/resource tollgate and backlog management, financial budgets for visibility and accountability against operating plan, forecast, and actuals of base costs, license costs, operation expense, and capital expense, and vendor management across all P&L's.
* Lead Oil & Gas Engineering Tools Center of Expertise for Rotating Equipment, that develop, validate, and implement tools, automations, analysis, and high performance computing, in support of Advanced Technologies including New Product Introductions (NPI), Inquiry to Order (ITO) Proposals, and Order to Remittance (OTR) execution.
Support Master Data Management and Cross-System Integration efforts.
Major personal performance objectives for this role in the first 12 months are:
* Accelerating and driving the O&G digital thread for technology in the product design, manufacture and service life cycle.
* Successfully partnering with GE Digital to develop and support digital activities for GE O&G
* Ensuring pilot programs are well-positioned
* Providing differentiated business value in this changing market, leveraging speed to internal process changes and improvements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study. Master's Degree preferred.
* Minimum 10 years' experience in Engineering and Information Technology, ideally in an industrial manufacturing environment.
* Minimum 8 years' leadership/management experience relating to system design and development within the Engineering function, preferably with Model Based Enterprise and Product Lifecycle Management deployment experience.
* Proven experience in linking digital tools and Software connectivity in product design and manufacture.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Ability and willingness to travel, as required; must be willing to work out of an office based in Houston, Texas.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Ideal technical characteristics for success in this role include:
* Model Based Systems Engineering
* Requirements Management
* Systems Modeling
* Materials Management
Model Based Design/Definition (MBD) & Design System Integration (DSI)
* Analysis & Optimization
* 3D Model as Master, w/ Intelligence, Design in Context, & Virtual Validation
* Mathematical & Simulation Models
* Digital Product Libraries
Product Management, Configuration, & Selection
* Product Structure, Taxonomy, and Partitioning
* Configuration & Cost Management
* Part, CAD, Manufacturing, & Services Bills of Material Management
Model Based Manufacturing
* CAD to CAM to Inspection
* Digital & Additive Manufacturing
* Brilliant Factory: Lean & Optimization
Enable Digital Twin & Asset Performance Management (APM)
Connect Reduced Order Models for:
* Performance Optimization
* Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics
* Predictive Maintenance
Enable - Digital Services
* Serialization & Tracking
* Condition Based Maintenance
* Digital Databooks, Operation, Service, & Part Manuals
Additional characteristics include:
* Working knowledge and demonstrated successes in the transition of an operations organization and IT assets to cloud based technologies.
* Demonstrated deep knowledge of current technology capabilities and trends across applications, utilities, network operations and engineer infrastructure.
* Proven success in working globally in a global matrix organization across teams and cultures.
* Proven ability to execute high-profile projects and to provide thought leadership to an organization.
* Influential leadership experience with the ability to partner, energize, and inspire.
* Passionate about technology with the pragmatism necessary to solve customer problems and deliver value.
* Fortune 250 company experience. Demonstrated experience in managing complex organizational initiatives involving multiple functions and multiple business units/regions. Includes the identification and articulation of problems, influencing decision-making process as well as delivery of expected results.
* Excellent vendor/partner management experience dealing with large, complex, global contracts and support structures.
* Demonstrated experience in at least one formal quality system (6 Sigma, LEAN, ITIL, etc.) is strongly desired.
* Master's level graduate degree and/or M.B.A.
* Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.