Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Digital Engineering Product Owner Job Description
Currently seeking thoughtful, well-rounded technical software Product Owner to be part of a newly formed Digital Engineering department. In this role, the individual will work in a highly technical agile team which handles foundational work for the department utilizing the latest Discover platforms for continuous delivery and cloud development. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department. The Product Owner is responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. They will ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.Job Responsibilities include:
- Participates in Program grooming to understand initiatives, technical features, and business features
- Develops and communicates the product vision and initiative roadmap -adjusting to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs
- Interacts with internal customers frequently
- Manages scope expectations
- Helps break down initiatives into prioritized features, and manages the program pipeline (backlog) of these features, for every release and iteration
- Accepts features, releases; ensuring they align with vision
- Prioritizes with Digital Engineering management to understand the long term technical vision
- Promotes a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Actively contributes and participates in all project ceremonies such as iteration planning, story grooming, daily standups, and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure applications meet security, high availability, and maintainability requirements.
- Takes necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the team to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of work experience
- Must have experience as a technical product owner role and/or development role
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team motivator and team player
- Exposure to Messaging Platforms and their application in fulfilling the business needs for a Financial Services company.
- Passion for digital products, messaging services, and problem-solving.
- Awareness of emerging trends in software engineering - Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, etc
- Belief that empowered individuals make great teammates
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.