Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck continues to increase the use of digital channels to market to customers. Given the rapid pace of change within the healthcare environment and the dynamically changing digital landscape, it is critical for Merck to have the digital execution capabilities that effectively and efficiently build and deploy digital resources to enable strategic priorities for Merck's Franchise/Brand teams.
The Digital Execution Leader will have primary responsibility to oversee the delivery of ~2000 digital marketing projects annually for Merck's broad portfolio of products. This role will be responsible to manage strategic vendor partners and internal service providers, as well as be the primary Merck point for internal stakeholders.
Key responsibilities in managing the internal service providers and vendor partners include the following:
- Contract management, including ongoing assessment of vendor performance based on SLA related to delivery, quality/compliance and standards and qualitative performance
- Vendor resource allocations to ensure appropriate support for the business needs
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and sponsor process improvements and service enhancements to solve for pain points, gaps, or create efficiencies
- Primary Merck point for the onsite vendor team providing oversight of planning, project demand, escalation process, and deployment status
- Oversee forecasting for projects and engage with stakeholders when forecasts are not matching actuals on a routine basis
- Financial management for vendor services (monthly chargebacks, reporting, scope change management, budget planning)
- Optimizes digital marketing efforts by leveraging vendor experiences to identify potential areas of improvement in existing processes, best practices, and standards
- Works with promotion teams and external partners to identify opportunities to optimize vendor efforts across all workstreams, ensuring that promotion investment in digital execution, digital channel marketing campaigns, and search engine optimization are executed efficiently and effectively
- This position has the autonomy to hold the vendor partner accountable to fix execution errors and ensure necessary process improvements are implemented to not repeat errors
Key responsibilities in managing internal stakeholders include the following
- Represents Digital Production for the US Market and ensures successful digital campaign execution through deployments and reporting
- Guide discussions with brand teams, creative agency and vendor to ensure appropriate rigor and problem solving has been done to meet timelines or to correct noted errors appropriately.
- Champion standards and best practices in the Digital Execution shared services model with Franchise/Brand teams
- Gain input and assess client experience on digital production performance and areas of opportunities
- Oversees search engine optimization initiatives to ensure successful integration of optimization with Merck-sponsored internet properties.
- Acts as point of contact with compliance/regulatory teams to resolve deviations related to Digital Execution work including identification of process/functional gaps, identification of solutions, and reporting to the compliance team.
- Evaluates new digital channel functional requirements to ensure alignment with best practices, ability to build, deploy and maintain efficiently and alignment with compliance standards
- Works with internal client to enforce the timely gathering of information needed to facilitate an on-time execution of services, proactively identify risks, roadblocks and opportunities and address them accordingly.
- Acts as point of escalation to address quality concerns, support issues, or project challenges.
- Represents Digital Execution in ongoing initiatives to improve job/compliance management, operationalize new channel capabilities, and to optimize workstreams
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined digital marketing/promotion, project management, technology, marketing operations, digital innovation
- Strong client and project management experience, having to manage multiple projects simultaneously and foster collaboration with colleagues
- The candidate must have experience managing cross-functional teams and/or outside service providers
- Development and implementation of digital marketing channels
- Ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders, and lead without authority
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Collaboration and influence - displays strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, has excellent communication and negotiation skills and demonstrates ability to lead, advocate and develop and strengthen business partnerships
- Change Management Skills - ability to gain sponsorship for change and work as a change agent to effectively drive change required
- Business Acumen - displays ability to understand business problems and develop solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, plan and execute
- Business acumen, problem solving, understanding of marketing process
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical industry
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement