What you’ll be doing...
The Financial Systems Group (FSG) Programs and Strategy team is responsible for strategy and implementation of Finance systems solutions that drive value to a $125+ billion business. The Digital Finance Manager position is a new role that will become a strategic catalyst in introducing emerging and disruptive technologies, applications, and tools into the Finance organization.
- Oversee and manage the Digital Finance portfolio, which includes projects utilizing robotic process automation, cognitive technologies, cloud migration, and leading analytic and visualization suites.
- Utilize a standardized, end-to-end project management approach (including governance methodologies and toolsets) across multi-disciplinary Finance projects to ensure consistency and quality.
- Adopt flexible and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems with changing requirements and varied stakeholders inside and outside of Finance.
- Identify and manage project resource needs and staffing processes that may include full-time resources, shared service teams, subject matter experts, and 3rd party contractors or consultants.
- Manage portfolio compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance including executives.
- Lead evaluation of go/no-go criteria for technical release and business cutover.
- Oversee implementation of method and tools which enable each project phase.
- Lead deliverable accept and invoice approval process.
- Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
- Proactively identify system and technology opportunities to drive the Finance’s value proposition to the business. Drive and influence vision of Finance Systems across the organization.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing across Finance, Business, and IT stakeholder groups.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management.
- Experience with large, finance-impacting systems program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft preferred).
- Experience managing across varied Finance, Business, and IT stakeholder groups and maintaining key relationships.
- CPA or experience in quantitative areas such as mathematics or economics.
- Formal training and/or certifications in project management methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma Methodologies, PMP Certifications, etc.).
- Demonstrated highly developed team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels.
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhance functional and technologies capabilities, particularly around cutting edge and nascent technologies.
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects.
- Ability to develop, manage, and mentor junior staff.
- Experience implementing cutting edge and nascent technologies and scaling towards enterprise standards, such as:
- Natural Language Generation (NLG)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Visual / Mobile ERP
- Predicative Analysis
- Crowd source queries
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.