Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
The Digital Platform team drives and defines the online and mobile customer experience for Morgan Stanley clients and advisors, and we are in search of a talented and eager Digital Onboarding Product Lead to join our team.
As the Digital Onboarding Proudct Lead, you will work alongside the Digital Investment Product Lead to build the next-generation Digital Investment Advice applications for Morgan Stanley clients, from purely self-directed "Robo-advice" apps to more scalable "hybrid" advice delivery models through call centers and branches.
This role will be focused on defining and delivering a unique, engaging, collaborative goal setup and onboarding experience for clients of Morgan Stanley's new Digital Investment Advice products.
As a smart, passionate, detail-oriented team player who loves interacting with a diverse set of people solving tough problems and challenging the status quo, this is an amazing opportunity to forge a new digital direction for a highly respected company that is deeply committed to reinventing itself.
• Translate vision and strategy for the Digital Investment Product into actionable release plans.
• Drive the onboarding product lifecycle, from scope development, through product launch, to subsequent releases. Prioritize features, develop and communicate business requirements, and oversee agile scrum teams.
• Identify user types/personas, goals, and needs and devise innovative solutions to address pain points and drive value for end-users.
• Run requirements elicitation workshops and meetings with business and technology stakeholders.
• Identify and elaborate on critical user journeys and use cases that align with the program vision and address critical customer needs.
• Map out critical workflows and business processes to realize product/program goals.
• Lead requirement review sessions and drive consensus with program stakeholders.
• Gather, organize, and assimilate internal and external feedback to identify and prioritize workstream product gaps, enhancements, and new solutions and features.
• Collaborate with UI/UX team to develop information/interaction architecture, user flows, wireframes, and visual design comps.
• Team up with program management to effectively organize and plan workstream product releases
• Work closely with the technology team to assure effective communication of requirements and rapid delivery of key product releases.
• Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture, from concept development and user research through ongoing analysis and A/B testing.
• Drive development of adequate program support across non-technology teams, including Field Engagement and Adoption, Legal, Compliance, and Risk.
• Specify acceptance criteria and scenarios and perform and oversee UAT as needed.
• Define and track KPIs and product/program adoption and usage metrics.
• 3 - 5 years of experience as a software business or systems analyst with track record of delivering new innovative web or mobile applications. Experience in the digital wealth management / "fintech" space is a plus.
• Proficient at defining, analyzing, documenting, and communicating product and software requirements in an agile software development setting.
• Experience collaborating with UI/UX designers and developers to deliver client-friendly products and user experiences.
• Strong understanding and knowledge of web and mobile technologies.
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Polished written and verbal communication skills able to effectively interact and influence a diverse set of business and technical stakeholders.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Efficient at managing multiple projects concurrently under deadline constraints
• Thought-leader - strong familiarity with industry trends and best practices, and a perspective on how to advance the current state-of-play.
• Keen intellect - ability to gather, analyze and synthesize a significant amount of information, and turn it into a compelling product vision.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field is required. MBA preferred.
Role requires approximately 20% travel for corporate and sponsored events
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.