Johnson & Johnson Consumer IT is recruiting for a Digital IT Product Engagement Lead, North America. This is a position is based in Los Angeles, CA and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson and Johnson Inc. is a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics. Johnson and Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare division.
At Johnson and Johnson Inc. our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by providing consumers with some of the most world's most widely used and trusted brands including; JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more.
The Consumer Strategic Plan outlines an aggressive growth agenda with very clear Where to Play choices, and How to Win capabilities identified. The New Way of Marketing (NWOM) was established as a core How to Win strategy to make brand building a clear source of competitive advantage, enabling us to achieve scale in our marketing investment and productivity gains by driving consistent multi-region creation and execution of big global ideas across our Mega Brands. As part of that, Digital is firmly rooted as a priority capability that we must advance in order to help make us a world class brand building organization.
The Digital IT Product Engagement Lead, North America is part of the North America (NA) regional Digital NA 1GMS IT Digital Channels team, and is responsible for supporting NA digital demand management, and the delivery of technology related initiatives.
As a product technology strategist, they are responsible for supporting and executing, in partnership with BPO (Business Product Owners), PLO (Product Line Owners), Digital Strategists and Marketing, digital capability leverage opportunities for US and Canada to build efficiencies, value, regional alignment and scale. Additionally, the IT Lead role supports key strategic programs for the region, including Direct to ConsumerE-commerce sites.
The incumbent must build strong collaborative partnerships with all applicable partners across the North America region, including local market, regional business unit and franchise execution leads, Regional Marketing Operations (RMO), Digital Marketing/Strategists and IT teams (Global Marketing Services IT , Application Services, Product Development, Engineering, Program Management, PMx, GTS and ISRM) to deliver on synergistic opportunities, and provide product development feedback while supporting the creation of aligned regional processes and delivery approaches.
The Digital IT Product Engagement Lead, North America will:
• Support shaping, executing and embedding regional digital technology strategy to ensure maximum leverage of global/core capabilities and platforms.
• Ensure strong relationships with internal business partners and external vendors by promoting IT capabilities and processes and facilitating day-to-day activities.
• Participate in the technical discovery process for potential digital projects and provide technical feasibility of requirements based on product capability and resources. Assist in developing the scope and definition of business requirements and translate these business requirements into functional specifications.
• Partner with vendors and PLO to plan, estimate and manage the efforts/costs of the technical implementation, ensuring that the solution meets all J&J Quality Standards.
• Proactively create & oversee development & execution of integrated business/technology strategies.
• Support the activation, execution, and scaling of key digital programs within NA and in collaboration with other regions.
• Work as a cohesive part of the NA Digital IT team in contributing to driving the regional Digital technology execution.
• Support the shaping of capabilities for a consolidated regional platform, supporting technology roadmap across US and Canada.
• Provide support in onboarding and educating agencies and brand/business on the digital technology standards to be used on projects/programs.
• Support the activation and operations of the global demand management and governance framework within NA region to optimize and scale digital IT investments, maximizing leverage and value.
• Provide inputs to the NA demand process and for the NA regional steering committee.
• Participate in industry related activities, keeping knowledge up-to-date and on top of the latest technologies and trends.
• Ensure J&J information assets are appropriately identified, valued, and protected by complying with and enforcing all local and global compliance and security policies.
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Digital Marketing or related field is preferred.
• 6 or more years of relevant IT or Digital technology experience is required.
• At least 2 years of Direct to Consumer E-commerce technology experience is preferred.
• Understanding of competitive landscape, current/emerging industry trends, technologies and best practices is preferred.
• Experience with Program Management in digital space is preferred.
• Digital domain knowledge with various digital/web/mobile technologies including E-commerce/Direct to Consumer, and experience with at least one of the following: analytics, SEO/SEM, CMS, CRM, social media, etc. is required.
• Experience with Drupal and/or Demandware is preferred.
• Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written), including the ability to cater communication to various audiences across levels and departments is required.
• Experienced in business partnering, influencing and collaboration skills working with delivery teams, business partners, agencies and stakeholders, with ability to negotiate win-win outcomes is required.
• Strong problem solving skills; responsiveness and flexibility with evolving responsibilities and changing environment are required.
• Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and road blocks is required.
• Experience in a process driven environment following sound PMI/PMP, Agile and SDLC methodologies is preferred.
• Experience with MS Suite including PowerPoint, Excel & Word is required.
• Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking is preferred.
• Experience within the CPG industry is preferred.
• This position is located in Los Angeles, CA and up to 10% business travel is required.