Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives.
That's Monsanto's vision for a better world. Achieving this vision demands revolutionizing agriculture through technology and data science is central to attaining this transformation. The Trait and Pipeline Delivery Organization seeks to accelerate innovation and value creation through digital agriculture. The organization serves its partners within breeding, growing multiple crops per year in a tropical environment and accelerating the pipeline. This organization also fosters an open culture of transparency and collaboration, provides stewardship of talent development, coordination of analytics, and establishes standards and strategies that enable tools and platforms for model development, data accessibility, and solution deployment. As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be exposed to highly exciting research challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists (Agronomists, Optimization Experts, Engineers, and Breeders) to foster your career growth and development while delivering next-generation analytical solutions. Digital Nursery Lead
- Align Data Science, Engineering, Automation and Leadership teams on strategic opportunities and long-term roadmaps.
- Support development and deployment of mobility tools
- Align databases for site activities including safety and QMS for a multi-functional site
- Develop proof of concept and ensure relationships for technology testing to enhance mainland breeding stations
- Support vendor-side business development strategy and execution as it relates to digital agriculture
- Work closely with all staff to maximize efficiencies throughout data flow and transfer process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Ag/Life Sciences, or related field
- Strong data analysis skills utilizing tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Pipeline Pilot, or SQL
- API consumption/development experience
- Knowledge of field testing processes and practices i.e. Apollo and Velocity along with existing Oracle databases
- Experience and skills with project management and communication of strategy with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvest seasons
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
- Effectively communicate both written and oral - documenting user stories or requirements
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Clear ability, motivation, and enthusiasm to establish a vision, identify gaps and opportunities, and drive necessary change in the organization
- Must excel in time management and have a proven track record in problem solution leveraging complex data
- Strong developmental desire to continually learn new technical skills to remain on the cutting edge of capabilities for data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with cloud-driven databases and export/import features for mobility via app driven data collection
- Ability to network remotely with enterprise IT leadership teams
- Organized and detail oriented with ability to multi-task, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Highly motivated, hard working individual who is enthusiastic about joining a fast paced environment
- Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
- Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
- Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.