GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds' brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Digital Platform Functionality Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Houston, London, Florence
The Digital Platform Functionality Specialist is responsible for ensuring the Oil & Gas digital platforms, including web sites, e-commerce and other communication channels are aligned to help drive all of our digital communication efforts including e-commerce, revenue marketing campaigns and overall O&G positioning of products and solutions.
The individual in this role will collaborate with IT and also work closely with other digital communicators across the function, including the culture digital platforms leader, the website content leader and other marketing and communication team members.
* Manage digital marketing platforms and channels through a deep understanding of all digital tools and channels.
* Leverage digital best practices in conjunction with audience insights to deliver best-in-class solutions across owned digital properties including, but not limited to web and mobile apps.
* Drive improvement in digital strategy by offering consistent reporting and insights based on customer engagement and behaviour across owned, earned and paid digital channels.
* This position lives at the intersection of analytics, digital content and creative, with direct responsibilities in fulfilling GE Oil & Gas digital goals.
* Work in partnership with IT and team members to develop solutions that fit within digital strategy by leveraging new or emerging technology. Solutions should be strategic, and support long-term company programs.
* Support integrated marketing campaigns through digital channels including web, and mobile, providing strong execution of projects to support revenue and marketing objectives
* Partner to ensure digital content on ours site and apps reflect the overall brand strategy.
* Work with Insights & Ops team to determine reporting strategy for activity of customers on our site, how that relates to purchase habits and other digital interaction
* Provide insights on creating of metrics and insights / insights to action that will affect on-going digital strategy.
* Strategically identify new and emerging technology that assists in digital marketing solutions, and partner with the solutions team to determine the fit for our business.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, marketing, business, communications or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Deep knowledge of digital platforms with proven years of professional experience working in a team or agency environment managing digital platforms and campaigns in a digital ecosystem.
* Proven experience with managing a project from ideation to execution.
* Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative attitude.
* Creative mind-set with strong knowledge of digital development.
* Demonstrated practice in managing multiple projects, tasks and priorities as well as external vendors
* Passion for emerging digital trends and technology.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong analytical thinker - ability to review data and interpret into high-level insights pertinent to overall digital strategy, and adjust strategy accordingly. Deep experience working within different CMS platforms.
* Experience in digital marketing, with significant experience in SEM, SEO and managing digital content across web, mobile, app and social.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.