Morgan Stanley ("MS") is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal segments-Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and As a member of the Wealth Management Digital platforms team, you will be responsible for supporting on-going development & implementation of the latest solutions for our clients & Financial Advisors. The Management team is responsible for project planning, cross-functional facilitation and ongoing management initiatives across digital, technology, operations & external stakeholders.
This is a key support role in the newly created Digital division. This individual will provide detailed project-level execution and support to ensure the successful delivery of our portfolio of Digital initiatives - working closely with the Program Managers and multi-disciplinary project teams.
Activities and deliverables will span the full project lifecycle, including consolidated timeline development, issues log management, crit-path development, resource and financial planning, detailed project reporting, data and industry analysis, command center set-up and operations, Proof-of-Concept programs, pilot planning and rollout, deployment planning, and meeting facilitation.
This position will be based in New York, NY with occasional travel.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Day-to-day Oversight of Projects
• Be considered the "go to" person to capture and ensure closure of program
• Create and manage program level documents including scope, milestone level
project plans and issues logs
• Manage project risk and develop mitigation strategies.
• Monitor project progress against plans
• Provide regular progress updates to key stakeholders and project teams
• Identifying interdependencies and linkages between disparate projects.
• Facilitates problem-solving, issue/risk identification and resolution/mitigation.
• Proactively identify and manage issues to resolution including escalation to
• Coordinate project managers, project leads, development leads and business
analysts by organizing regular status meetings and sharing program level
• Compliance with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management policies and project
management methodology/standards by ensuring that PM processes,
discipline, and controls are consistently applied to projects.
Candidates must possess strong project management skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a project analyst supporting complex and enterprise-wide initiatives. Prior experience at Morgan Stanley is a plus. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. This individual must be a self-starter and will be required to manage competing priorities and project requests. Strong organizational, collaboration, problem resolution, and communication skills are a prerequisite.
• 7 years of project management experience
• Prior experience in financial services sector
• Minimum 5-10 years in a large complex banking organization or major
• Outstanding relationship management, communication, teamwork, and
influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal
• Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and
• Strongly detail oriented, organized, and analytical
• Ability to work with dedicated and virtual team members
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.