The principle purpose of the Digital Product Manager is to lead the development of the assigned digital product(s) strategy in support of experiences that support ecommerce revenue, omni-channel retailing, and differentiated customer experiences. This is a visible role, frequently interfacing with cross-functional peers and leaders.
This position oversees a digital product, or a group of products, within the greater product portfolio, frequently working with cross-functional partners from Lowe's Digital, Customer Experience, New Business Development, Corporate Research, IT, and Store Operations. This body of work may include, product management for browsers (desktop/tablet/smartphone), consumer mobile applications (Android, iOS), enterprise applications for store associates, or in-store digital. In addition, success in this role will require working with cross-functional partners in the concepting, definition, and delivery of world-class digital experiences.
The Digital Product Manager is also responsible for developing and articulating the long-term digital product strategy for the assigned product(s).
To accomplish this, the Product Manager must have knowledge of customer experience initiatives, technical capabilities, evolving consumer behavior, and practical constraints.
The Product Manager may work with Lowe's Digital, IT, CX, Marketing, Store Operations, Research, New Business Development, and/or external agencies in order to deliver digital experiences to support wider company objectives.
Define assigned digital product strategy and roadmap by working with cross-functional (business and IT) teams to determine alignment with corporate strategy, functional plans, revenue objectives, and user needs.
Serve as an internal advocate for customers while balancing practical business goals and constraints.
Define strategy for the assigned product (for example, browsers, consumer applications, or enterprise applications)
Serve as an internal resource on digital experience, product management, emerging technology, and digital in the ecosystem of omni-channel retailing.
Responsible for providing creative and experience leadership/approval for the assigned product (browsers, consumer applications, or enterprise applications)
Maintains expert knowledge of assigned product, using an analytical approach to identifying opportunities for testing and product enhancements
Align efforts across business areas, prioritizing as necessary, and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum.
• Drives the product strategy in order to bring the vision to realization
• Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
• Adapts and evolves short-term and long-term plans to take advantage of changing business conditions or technological opportunities.
• Develops short-term and long-term plans for assigned digital property. This may include browsers (website for desktop/tablet/mobile), native consumer mobile applications (iPhone, Android), native associate applications (store associates), or emerging platforms.
• Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how digital products enable the realization of the Lowe's corporate strategy with a focus on omni-channel retailing and differentiated experience works within the organization
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field
• Drives projects and tasks to completion by proactively identifying potential roadblocks and collaborating with peers from business and technology.
• Aligns the working team's time and effort on projects that are critical to Digital Experience, Product Management, & Omni-channel Integration success
• Negotiates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications or related field plus 3+ years of directly related experience or 5+ years of experience in product and/or experience management
• 2+ years of strategy and delivery experience in executing world-class digital products and/or experiences
• 2+ years of working directly with internal creative teams and/or external agencies
• Demonstrated experience managing project teams
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
• Advanced understanding of current technology trends and consumer behavior
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into action
• 2+ years of experience in Agile
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.