Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Digital Product Manager - Electronic Payables
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
The Commercial Card Team is a young and exciting team developing best-in-class products. EAP (Electronic Accounts Payable) is the fastest growing segment in Commercial Card, and you will be at the helm. We are re-imagining the way that companies pay their suppliers. This is a great opportunity to make an impact by working on a new B2B payments platform at a very early stage.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! At Capital One, we’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as a Product Managers in our Card product group. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are jamming with our designers or communicating with our analytically minded bankers.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
- You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on web or mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- Your prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- You possess the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- You understand how to use tradeoffs between UX patterns, user group served, short and long term development patterns, timing, and money to deliver the highest value.
- Your bias is towards learning in market. You know what you want to learn, and you are bold enough to use failures.
- Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into a simple, intuitive experiences that serves our customer’s banking needs
- This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part. As a Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off.
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas
- You don’t mind getting out and traveling to our internal and external customers 20% of the time
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management