1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Digital Product Manager - Marketing Technology - Capital One Investing
Capital One is seeking a Digital Product Manager to drive the vision and roadmap for the development of new capabilities in the support of new Digital Marketing platforms for the Capital One Investing business.
This is a great opportunity to build out a next generation Marketing Platform and be part of a dynamic team that is leading the company through the next stage of growth by developing and integrating new capabilities to support our Sales and Marketing strategy to redefine how we engage with our customers.
As a Digital Product Manager, you will build and lead a world class Agile team and
- Collaborate with UX designers, brand strategists, business analysts and compliance to understand the opportunities, design specific content tests to run on the homepage, and then see how those tests affect the business outcomes and customer experience.
- Additionally, you will drive the roadmap and development of new marketing / email automation solutions that will drive optimize our lead generation campaigns.
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We are a Top-10 bank by deposits and a high-tech company, scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers.
Capital One Investing is committed to building off this legacy and has assembled a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers. This is a high-impact role that will move the business forward as we develop a new Digitally enabled Financial Advisory and Wealth Management business.
The right candidate will be able to integrate solid product, UX and business understanding with in-depth knowledge of Marketing Operations, Data Analytics, Segmentation, AB/multivariate testing and targeting strategies designed to support Capital One Investing site traffic and lead growth objectives based on actionable analytical insights.
We need a strong, seasoned, Product Manager who has a background in Marketing Technology and experience leading Agile development teams and influencing business and technical leaders.
- Lead an Agile team and prioritize a large and diverse set of tasks and responsibilities to manage the needs and requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Own and manage web analytics and email systems. Develop reporting to highlight key challenges and opportunities to share with the senior leadership team; apply learnings to future campaigns to improve results
- Help to analyze and present results, learnings and recommendations from tests to cross functional partners and senior team
- Understand the long-term vision and key drivers of the Capital One Investing business and in collaboration with key stakeholders map that vision to a foundational set of Marketing Technology capabilities
- Analyze, define, and communicate product roadmaps that align with business objectives
- Articulate and illustrate user experiences, use cases and user stories
- Work directly with users on the business and technical side to understand needs, gaps and opportunities and to execute on a holistic marketing vision
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- You have a passion for operational excellence and an ability to design simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- You excel at the communication of business requirements to technical teams and vice versa.
- You can lead teams to create prototypes and proof of concepts to demonstrate value and power to end users.
- You can build a business case using both quantitative and qualitative drivers and are equally comfortable defending this case to business and technology leadership.
- You should be passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our end user needs.
- You’re going to be working with a strong team in a new group; with audacious goals… you must be comfortable with ambiguity– and love building things.
- You will support existing features, roll out new capabilities and identify new and creative ways to leverage our platforms and digital applications to build scalable solutions that enable new revenue growth.
- You are not afraid to fail but are confident in your abilities because you know how to fail fast and fail small, as well as have a demonstrated record of success launching impactful products and / or features
- Able to speak the language of technology and of business teams
- Technical understanding of basic systems and data architecture
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
- Creative thinker, open to idea exploration with strong human centered and lean startup inspired problem solving abilities
- Experience in the brokerage, investing or wealth management space
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Digital Product Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with development teams in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3 years of Agile delivery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 5+ years in Digital Product Management experience
- 4+ years of team management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing vendor relationships
- 3+ years Brokerage Operations experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.