This role also requires solid understanding of the software development cycle, experience managing a QA Team (local and remote/off-shore), strong written and organizational skills, and the proven ability to project a QA "voice". ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Plan, drive and manage the QA/UAT effort on large and complex projects, across IT and business teams. Track and report on QA/UAT progress to several audiences; development teams, project leadership and client stakeholders.
• Manage the QA Team, and as needed, develop and implement changes to the QA plan, operating procedures and KPI's to support eCommerce Team goals.
• Manage and develop automated testing solution practices, including overseeing software training and driving the automation toolset 'footprint'.
• Manage and develop performance testing solution and best practices; proven ability to effectively manage 3 rd party resources for creation, execution and delivery of performance testing methodology.
• Assist QA/ UAT teams in creating necessary test cases, operating procedures and best practices related to quality assurance. This includes both test case review and creation, identifying and collaborating with business teams to secure test data, and creation and documentation of QA Team procedures.
• Manage platform, code and environment risks by identifying, documenting and driving mitigation and/or contingency plans.
• Hire, develop and mentor passionate, talented QA engineers.
• Create and/or maintain relationships with web platform and ERP software vendors, including coordinating necessary training with vendors in conjunction with the QA Manager position.
• Verify timelines, status, dependencies, and roadblocks across multiple projects on rapid timelines. QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, MIS, or related field
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, 5 years hands-on testing as a QA Lead, and a minimum of 3 years of experience managing QA team(s).
• Experience performing and managing Application Interface testing.
• Solid working knowledge of software development processes
• Proven experience assessing and implementing QA methodologies and best practices.
• Ability to manage multiple demands for time and resources.
• Communicate with other business and technical teams in a clear and precise manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven Leadership and success in a navigating and managing people and process, strategies, reporting, and objectives in matrix environment/culture
Must demonstrate the problem solving, decision-making and leadership skills and maturity requisite for success in a responsibility of this size and complexity. Must reveal manager-level acumen, creativity, and strategic agility. Must fit into the Airgas culture, particularly: putting safety first, accepting and implementing distributed responsibility, respecting the dignity of one another, acting with ethics and integrity, confronting problems, being open to ideas, and managing with an eye towards longer-term success. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enables individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to talk, hear, and walk sit: use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects required. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is an office setting.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.