Relocation is not available for this position.
As companies increasingly use cloud solutions to advance their digital transformation strategy, their new cloud-based applications need to be able to access data in existing systems of record. Integration solutions allow this to happen, through emerging technologies like APIs, as well as battle-tested technologies like Enterprise Service Bus, Gateways, and Messaging. IBM is the worldwide market leader in integration. The Integration team is part of IBM's innovative and fast-paced Cloud division.
As hybrid integration technologies are increasingly purchased by line-of-business and developer audiences, self-service discovery, learn, and trial assets have become a critical source of sales leads.
We are looking for a seasoned Digital Sales Representative (DSR) with experience identifying and progressing opportunities sourced through a digital pipeline.
The IBM Cloud Digital Sales Representative (DSR) - API Connect will be responsible for driving API Connect sales opportunities that address client's business needs and deliver client value. The DSR will be responsible for API Connect opportunities in a North American territory. Initially this will be an opportunity identification and qualification role, moving to deal closure as the DSR comes up to speed. For larger qualified deals, the DSR will team with reps in the Field who will progress and close the deal. In this role, it is essential that the candidate be able to apply application integration knowledge and/or experience in the API Economy bringing new business and technology insights to assigned clients accelerating the adoption of API offerings.
• Execute Digital Sales combining phone, e-mail, webinar, in-app, and occasionally face-to-face client interaction
• Team with technical pre-sales team who will provide demos and architecture discussions as needed to progress qualified leads
• Rapidly develop API Connect expertise/knowledge
• Accurately report sales pipeline using IBM reporting tools and be responsible for meeting individual targets
• Rapid opportunity identification and qualification
• Speak to use cases and examples in specific industries
• Ability to recognize compelling reasons for clients and prospects to act upon these requirements, and in turn be able to articulate how IBM API Connect solutions can best meet these requirements
• Ability to understand the competition and develop appropriate winning sales strategies
• Partner with Digital Sales Leadership and Offering Management/Product Management to effectively measure Key Performance Indicators
• Provide insights on what works well and what opportunities exist for improvement
• Demonstrate thought leadership with customers and stay apprised of the industry trends by contributing to social media sites (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.