WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Primary accountability for the position involves design leadership for solutions aligning to The Hartford's reference architectures, blueprints, and strategies across The Hartford's digital enterprise. This Digital Solution Architect position provides oversight to digital strategy, OMNI-channel capable designs and development within the Hartford's portfolio. The position includes establishing and driving clear and effective designs at the local and enterprise level, to ensure technical standards and business and IT strategic alignment occurs. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing architectures that enable Strategic Initiatives & Technology objectives. The objective of this role is to ensure that the business and quality requirements are being met by the technical design and implementation. This includes: initial architecture design, providing insight and direction from a hardware and software perspective, assessment of impact on technology architectural standards and participation in the full development lifecycle of the capability being delivered. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for ensuring that architectural integrity and best-practices are maintained at the project or program level.
The leader will also be a key contributor to the overall application architecture health within the digital portfolio, working closely with Lead Line of Business Architects and technical leaders across business segments.
Specific duties include the following:
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Maintain vertically deep skills in digital technology including but not limited to traditional Web, Mobile platforms, development IDEs, build and deploy processes, etc.
- Deep knowledge of system integration best practices supporting digital assets
- Drive DevOps opportunities considering rapid, frequent and reliable development and release planning as related to digital programs
- Ensure automation strategy implements scalable, reusable, and integrated solutions.
- Analyze emerging industry business and technology trends, translating implications for new capabilities into functional and technology digital domain planning.
- Educate and influence stakeholders to promote innovation, simplification, and risk management within the technology portfolio.
- Work with extended enterprise architecture, business, and IT support teams in support of functional and technical blueprints to deliver a functional and automation change agenda aligned with strategic direction of the Hartford's business segments.
- Team leadership responsibility for dynamic teams of highly skilled solution, data and infrastructure architects, varying based on assignments. Instructs, assign, directs and reviews designs supporting digital investments.
- Establish and participate in architecture governance processes that ensure the future vision is realized maintaining standards and architectural integrity.
- Assists management with investment prioritization and architecture metrics at the enterprise level.
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- The Digital Solution Architect is a senior technical position that requires twelve or more years' experience in IT, combined with deep knowledge of Digital-Mobile platforms and capabilities, as well as a demonstrated understanding of enterprise architecture best practices and strategic planning.
- The applicant must have vertically deep skills; have deep understanding of traditional Web frameworks, Mobile platforms, vendor software solutions, development tools, processes, etc.
- Must have demonstrated experience leading enterprise activities within the Digital domain, delivering high quality designs and artifacts for the enterprise.
- The incumbent must have proven experience leading teams, resulting in successful delivery of enterprise level Digital solutions for systems of engagement (Digital Web, Mobile, B2C, B2E, B2B).
- Proven experience delivering DevOps process & capabilities resulting in rapid, frequent and reliable development and release planning.
- The incumbent must have first rate communication and presentation skills, while having establishing his/herself as an influential and trusted advisor within senior level business and IT executives.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD