Digital Human Resources
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Digital Technology Leadership Program Intern
Administration and Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE offers those with a passion for building game-changing software and information technology platforms an opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen and technical skills while building a career with unlimited potential. GE's Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) is a key entry point for IT and Software professionals at GE and is designed to attract high-potential candidates looking to further develop their technology ability and business acumen.
DTLP intern assignments, generally 10 -12 weeks, vary widely in terms of the business functions/processes impacted and the type of work required. Interns have significant exposure opportunity to key IT and software business leaders at GE as well as current full-time DLPs. Interns also have extracurricular opportunities to engage in various activities both socially and from a professional development perspective.
DTLP interns are hired into one of the following businesses based on availability of positions, the interviewer's assessment and the applicant's preference:
* GE Aviation
* GE Digital
* GE Healthcare
* GE Oil and Gas
* GE Power
* GE Renewable Energy
* GE Transportation
* GE Corporate
* GE Current
* GE Energy Connections
* Working towards a Bachelors or Degree in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors with experience in Software or IT experience or have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in similar areas. Coop positions may be available in select businesses/locations.
* Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent.
* Must be geographically mobile as requested by business.
* Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.
* Internship locations include: California,
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
* Effective use of data structures and algorithms.
* Experience understanding coding standards that meets and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
* Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly.
* Contributes to creative solutions and challenges status quo.
* Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.#DTR
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.