Job DescriptionAbout us:
We look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don't simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader - a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We're committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join means you'll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.The Group:
The Technology Solutions division of IQVIA develops, markets, and implements healthcare-focused enterprise software applications including Master Data Management, CRM, Multi-channel Marketing, Content Management, Social and Compliance solutions. We are seeking a professional to further expand on our global success by leading a team that will continue to push us to be a technology powerhouse in HealthcareRole Summary:
Play a key role in enabling the consistent, high-quality definition of solutions that will make IQVIA a technology industry leader in Healthcare. As the Director of Business Architecture, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a coherent Solution Architecture that aligns our product portfolio and roadmaps with our Technology Solutions vision, business strategy and plan.As Director of Business Architecture you will be responsible for:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leading the definition and continual alignment of the prioritized Solution Architecture with tactical and strategic business goals by defining and implementing a structured, business driven and collaborative process with all key stakeholders, including a regular cadence with the Technology Solutions Leadership Team.
- Supporting the alignment of the Solution Architecture with strategic business goals to ensure focus on market & competitive positioning and 360 degree feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the definition of a reference Solution Architecture and Maturity & Capability Model based on industry best practice
- Leading the definition and implementation of the Solution Architecture Roadmap and Maturity & Capability Model Roadmap through collaboration with the Solution Architecture Governance Team.
- Supporting the Director of Integration Architecture in defining the Integration Architecture Roadmap as part of the Solution Architecture Governance Team.
- Leading investment modelling for implementing the Solution Architecture & Product Portfolio Roadmap, based on ROI, working collaboratively with commercial Solution & Product Owners and Director of Integration Architecture to ensure budgets and roadmaps are aligned.
- Leading the definition of the Business Architecture and Roadmap that sets out a clear operating model to deliver the Solution Architecture, across process, people, technologies, skills and organizational alignment. Identify opportunities to develop Centre's of Excellence to build scale and leverage reuse.
- Leading the Solution Architecture Governance Team, including defining policies, rules and regulations.
- Leading Technology Solutions involvement in the Enterprise Architecture (EA) function, ensuring that business priorities are reflected in the EA Roadmap.
- Measuring ROI of our Solution Architecture and Product Portfolio against our investment models and tactical & strategic business goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years' experience working in a similar role within Life Sciences/Enterprise Software sector preferred
- An enterprise-wide view of the Life Sciences sector and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Commercially astute with experience of best practice product management and software product lifecycle methodologies in a SaaS environment, particularly collaborating with third-party PaaS partners
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop a virtual team of geographically dispersed subject matter experts within a matrix management structure
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Experience developing and using these high-level models as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Extensive project and programme management with experience planning and deploying business and IT initiatives to time, quality and budget constraints
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications, including business case development and ROI assessment
- The ability to act as liaison between the business and technical teams
- Must be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Change management expertise, with the ability to bring best practices and new strategies to the team
- Flexible; occasional travel for meetings
We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.