Director, SBU Operations & Delivery Excellence, Customer Service and Support (CSS), Worldwide Services
Note: While this role is posted in the United States, given the global scope of this role we encourage applications from candidates based at any of CSS’s major sites worldwide. We may also consider exceptional candidates from other locations, and in these circumstances would expect extensive time spent at those sites
With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
We are looking for a senior strategic operations leader with demonstrated experience/understanding in/of partnering support delivery teams to define and operationalize operational best practices to lead the Operations and Delivery Excellence portfolio for CSS Support Business Units (SBUs). We have 5 such business units, and need multiple such leaders to partner these SBUs.
This role will be responsible for defining operational standards and best practices for large global SBUs, ensuring end-to-end quality monitoring for SBUs, and will be bridge that connects the SBUs to Operations and Delivery Excellence organization.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in partnering large global delivery teams to work through operational, technical and quality issues; and to drive continuous operational improvement.
Delivery quality monitoring
* Define recurring diagnostic processes to maintain awareness and compliance to standard
* Monitor adherence to standards of delivery quality in SBUs and enforce when needed
* Define product or SBU-specific performance indicators when needed for accurate evaluation of operational and delivery effectiveness
Define operational best practices and standards of excellence for SBUs
* Create standards of excellence and protocols where execution processes are detrimentally inconsistent or clear standardized practices or positioning as a company is needed, and partner SBUs to ensure continuous improvement in processes.
Primary point of contact for SBUs with Operations and Delivery Excellence (O&DE).
* Manage O&DE relationship with SBUs, and proactively ensure SBUs implement cross -CSS/Microsoft operations processes and collate feedback from SBUs to inform/improve operations processes.
* Partner with stakeholders in the O&DE team to solution the capability and operational needs of SBUs
* Work with Excellence teams across O&DE to define and consolidate best practices and delivery quality standards at which to hold delivery teams accountable
* Partner with Tools & Technology team to create standards of technology and best practices to ensure digital efficiency and security across delivery teams
Success Criteria: includes:
* Clear awareness amongst SBU teams of operations and quality standards and best practices
* Best in class operations processes that enables faster and more effective business decision making and leads to business success.
* Strong positive feedback from SBU leaders regarding reasonable effective standards
Skills & Qualifications:
* 10+ years of business leadership experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
* Strong global communication skills, and skills in building organizational partnerships - across a wide global stakeholder network in SBUs and across Operations and Delivery Excellence teams. Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organization.
* Demonstrated experience in being a trusted Operations leader/advisor to senior business leaders – an informed partner who has business acumen to understand business impact of technical issues, and is able to build strong collaborative partnerships with global leadership teams.
* Demonstrated experience in driving continuous improvement in large organizations, circulating best practices and blueprint guidelines for awareness
* Demonstrated experience in combining strategic thinking with ability to execute at a tactical level, while being a leader in an influencing role for a large matrixed global org.
* Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
* Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
Note that given global scope of this job, travel may be required as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.