Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast NBCUniversal is seeking a Director to join the Community Investment and Social Impact team based in our Philadelphia/New York offices. In 2015, Comcast NBCUniversal and its Foundations provided over $500 million in cash and in-kind support to not for profit partners serving the communities where we live in work. The Director will report to the Executive Director, Community Investment and will play a critical role in increasing our effectiveness and impact internally with a focus on operational excellence, as well as ensuring focus on impactful, strategic engagement and initiatives in the communities we serve.
The Community Investment, Strategic Ops Director supports aspects of the planning, enterprise-wide integration and execution of the Company’s CI/CSI strategy, employing extensive knowledge and experience of best practices for managing corporate philanthropy internal processes, systems and compliance protocols in a complex, matrix-managed environment, as well as project and relationship management, while aligning with the overall needs and objectives of the Company (core business and external partners) and the communities with which we engage.
The successful candidate for this role will have a long track record of success in developing and deploying measurable best practices and innovative programs to strategically engage Company assets – resources (people and money) and technology-in those aspects of community involvement which distinctively set Comcast NBCUniversal apart from competitors.
The Director will have 10+ years of experience working with senior leadership teams to achieve all of the above in a manner consistent with the Company’s strategy. He or she must be able to broadly represent the Company with all internal and external constituents, including leaders in adjacent functions, community members and key not-for-profit organizations.
- Operationalize/execute key aspects of the CI/CSI strategy; Support strategic planning & analysis activities across the management team.
- Measure and report on the success of the CI/CSI strategy, program objectives and outcomes based on metrics that demonstrate contribution to the Company’s and function’s overall objectives and strategy; Make recommendations on how program enhancements and extensions might improve strategic outcomes.
- Work closely with CI/CSI management, business/brand partners, corporate and division leadership and grantee partners, to implement standardized grantmaking/funding strategy, guidelines and process.
- Support achievement of goals and lead process improvement initiatives and aid the data, reporting and analytics teams to establish and fully leverage assessment tools and appropriate tracking and monitoring systems for internal and external reporting and communications purposes.
- Manage integration of core administrative policies and processes owned and managed by the CI/CSI team across Comcast and NBCUniversal HQ, Division and Regional teams. Establish education and outreach plans within and outside of our team as needed.
- Work with legal & compliance, HR and other relevant functions to ensure adherence to various policies impacting our cross-functional teams and respective foundations.
- Develop presentations and analyses for internal and external use that capture a cohesive view of the Comcast NBCUniversal CI/CSI portfolio and impact.
- Foster connections across team, brands/businesses as needed to help drive collaboration and connect disparate efforts. Support management team in relationship management with external partners. Troubleshoot, escalate and help ensure major initiatives are on budget and on track.
- Work with business partners throughout the company and seek out opportunities for active partnership that help build upon our reputation and brand promise as well as meet our community investment objectives. Help to educate and build awareness among department staff on major business priorities.
- Serve as project manager to execute on key administrative and operational priorities, including but not limited to annual team summit, agenda setting and relevant follow-ups, external event planning, senior management interaction, foundation governance and field engagement.
- Work with management team to establish protocol and process for sharing key charitable giving statistics and program information with internal and external audiences.
- Cohesively communicate the Company’s CI/CSI strategy, its alignment with the business strategy and the impact of the enterprise-wide CI/CSI commitment – to both internal and external audiences;
- Operational aspects of strategy development, enforcement and accountability, strategic governance, program management and compliance oversight, while partnering with key corporate, business and Foundation leaders to effectively plan, execute, evaluate and enhance the Company’s Philanthropy strategy.
- Work with team members to consolidate and coordinate data capture both within our department and across various entities.
- Point of contact for core corporate & CSI functions (Communications, HR/Talent, External/Government Affairs, Public Policy, and D&I, Vets, etc.).
- 7-12+ years leading corporate philanthropy/CSR and/or community social impact initiatives for a large complex corporation.
- 5+ years working with senior/ executive leadership. Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and diplomacy skills with a high comfort level in dealing with executives and external stakeholders.
- Senior experience in an operations/grantmaking and program/partnership development in corporate or private foundation setting preferred.
- Experience leading change initiatives/Change management.
- Project management experience. Developed and executed large scale events and programs.
- Vendor management experience is required.
- Familiarity with budget management.
- Strong understanding of the rules and governance of corporate philanthropy/foundations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related degrees.
- Ability to travel as needed. May travel 20-30%.
- Experience leading change initiatives/Change management.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and diplomacy skills with a high comfort level in dealing with executives and external stakeholders.
- Form/Improve processes within the structure to optimize performance.
- Proven self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to successfully navigate a large matrixed organization and work across geographies.
- Ability to effectively engage and support a positive and high-performing team culture.
- Ability to collaborate and have impact and influence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to community investment and corporate responsibility.
- Team player, effectively collaborating with multiple stakeholders and teams with ability to lead through influence.
- Solid managerial experience.
- Strong executive presence.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities in managing complex operating environments and issues.
- Collaborative work style.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer