Are you ready to seize the opportunity to work with executives at Microsoft's largest customers, advising and supporting their executives as they plan and realize key Digital Transformation initiatives? Do you want to build a global practice of Digital Advisors, and scale out your capabilities to make others great and have them follow your lead? Are you tenacious enough to influence fellow leaders at Microsoft, and customers, to turn Digital Transformation aspirations into reality?
For decades, organizations have invested in technology to incrementally innovate and become more profitable. Now, in the Digital Era, technology serves as the platform, but it is the aspiration and vision that enables new value by transforming how organizations interact with customers, what they sell, and how their employees work and make decisions. Digital transformation requires a cultural shift, and Microsoft Digital Advisors inspire and lead organizations through their digital journey. Digital Advisors bring their expertise, as well as Microsoft resources, experience and innovation, to empower organizations to reach their digital aspirations. Partnering with organizations, Digital Advisors drive a program of change to build the digital business.
The Director, Digital Envisioning Experiences role is a highly visible and influential senior individual contributor who will:
Strategically drive customer obsessed and activator mindset by:
• Distilling marketing challenges and business goals into focused portfolio of creative Digital Transformation Envisioning experiences.
• Driving deep on audience (considering a brand’s target audience, as well as Microsoft customer behavior, and reimagining their customer experience journey) to find meaningful insights.
• Understanding human behavior; focusing the work on solving real customer problems.
• Measuring success in terms of business metrics.
Curate digital thought leadership to accelerate customers from awareness to decision by:
• Being a creative ambassador - building and curating a culture of creative and innovation through the Microsoft community with internal teams, as well as customers and partners.
• Being a magnetic storyteller that integrates storytelling as a service to increase customer preference and desire to do business with us.
• Building relationships and aligning efforts with internal business partners, including sales, marketing, business development, product groups, and research.
• Educating, inspiring, and motivating colleagues and teams across the organization to help them imagine and evangelize the latest topical ideas, points of view and thought leadership to win mindshare and shift perception in the market with influencers, analysts and press.
• Representing Microsoft at industry events, panels, and groups, reinforcing our creative philosophy, strategy, and objectives.
• Reviewing market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for Microsoft.
Define operating principles and instill the highest creative standards by:
• Inspiring teams of Digital Advisors and others to continually raise the creative bar across all relevant customer engagements.
• Collaborating across multiple teams (Mixed Reality, AI, Advanced Analytics, IoT, Blockchain, Research, Productivity Envisioning labs) to drive envision the art of the possible, define innovative scenarios and executions of all types (VR, video, social, voice integration etc.).
• Delivering innovative digital and brand enhancing experiences of the highest standard that instigate digital transformation program of change with measurable business return for customers.
Lead the business through continuous innovation by:
• Setting and maintaining a high-level view across the business. Understanding the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond Microsoft Digital Advisory Services (DAS).
• Understanding our digital platform and how to market and sell it, as well as inventing and harvesting new capabilities and experiences.
• Creating ideas that can become scalable executions and enable revenue streams and business models in the future.
Envision the art of the possible and own customer, partner and agency relationships by:
• Working with creative agencies, designing consultancies and business consultancies to build strategic business partnerships, inspiring and exciting ecosystem about creative solutions and delivery on the defined brand promise.
• Creating a clear vision for the creative execution via MS sales and delivery teams on target accounts and ensuring the vision is clearly communicated and understood with both customers, partners and account teams.
• Articulating and defending strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
• Delivering high standards of customers satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication and campaign response and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit the customer.
Your qualifications for this role will include at least ten (10) years of successful consulting, program or project management experience:
• Leading discussions and consulting with customer and partner executives at the C-level, and other key Business Decision Makers
• Demonstrating executive-level presence as well as interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including thought leadership experience (blogging, public speaking, public persona, presenting at conferences).
• Managing technology-enabled business change for highly strategic and targeted customers within a variety of industries.
• Developing globally-focused strategies and solutions to meet the organizations business objective.
• Understanding current and emerging business and consulting approaches supported by the relevant innovative technologies
• Demonstrating influence and impact in a matrixed environment with extensive cross-group and cross-level coordination
• Meeting deadlines and driving results while facing ambiguity and uncertainty.
Location and travel - The role will be based in Redmond, WA, with expectations for to 40% travel, globally, as the needs of the business demand.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.